Discussion Starter #281
Some pics from yesterdays event

On 3 wheels!

More pics and videos will follow.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Here's a vid from one of the TV crews that were on site on Friday, to give you an idea what I was up against!
Nulon Nationals Round 3:

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
Here's a vid from one of the TV crews that were on site on Friday, to give you an idea what I was up against!
Nulon Nationals Round 3:
@DreadlyST

Was that you at 1:45?

Looks like fun at the track, how did the weather hold?

Were you the only FiST there?

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
Looks like you caught some air:

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
@DreadlyST

Was that you at 1:45?

Looks like fun at the track, how did the weather hold?

Were you the only FiST there?
Yes that's me at 1.45,
I was the Only FiST and 1 of about 15 cars that were driven to & from the event. There was aver 50 cars trailered to the event, majority of which were proper race cars.
Guy who won the day was in a Time Attack preped Honda and ran a 1.01, best I could manage was a 1.16.9 which I was pretty happy with considering that it was a first visit to this track, first time running semi slicks and was building confidence in the new brakes.

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
Yes that's me at 1.45,
I was the Only FiST and 1 of about 15 cars that were driven to & from the event. There was aver 50 cars trailered to the event, majority of which were proper race cars.
Guy who won the day was in a Time Attack preped Honda and ran a 1.01, best I could manage was a 1.16.9 which I was pretty happy with considering that it was a first visit to this track, first time running semi slicks and was building confidence in the new brakes.
That says a lot about the FiST platform.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Love the plasti dip! They really pop on your car.

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
@DreadlyST

I was going to ask but I got distracted with other things.

Did you plasti-dip each wheel a different color, or do you still have them that way?

That's some serious coin.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
@DreadlyST

I was going to ask but I got distracted with other things.

Did you plasti-dip each wheel a different color, or do you still have them that way?

That's some serious coin.
Each one was dipped in a different blaze colour of plasti dip

It's only $20 a can and because these are my track rims, they'll be stayig those colours.

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
Each one was dipped in a different blaze colour of plasti dip

It's only $20 a can and because these are my track rims, they'll be stayig those colours.
I remember someone saying it was crazy expensive for a can.

My last purchase of 6 cans was $38 US.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Few more pics

·
Registered
361 Posts
You've got me seriously considering doing my wheels green now...

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
I tell ya, I like the 2dr version over the 4dr version that we here in the US.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Here's a Vid from last weeks event,this was the session where I got my best lap time.

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Have you noticed on the mountune website that there is now:
- downpipe
- symposer delete
- turbomac wheels

Getting these? :)
At the moment the aussie $ is weak, so all these parts are now more expensive for us down under. Rego & insurance are due also.
The Down pipe is on my future shopping list, along with the MR230 tune.
I have being eyeing off some of what Mishimoto are developing and their catch can will be my next mod, followed by a rad & oil cooler.
How are the brakes going?
I have barely driven the car since I was on the track a few weeks ago. And I was quite happy how they performed that day. The pedal feel is different to how the stock brakes were, like the bite is a little further down, but when it bites, it bites!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Good to hear. Bite is what's required.
I hear you on the Aussie dollar issues, have ordered a new FMIC and would have been handy if the dollar was going the other way. That Mishimoto gear is real nice. Quality gear for sure. Might be a while before I do any mods after the FMIC.. *says without any confidence at all*

281 - 300 of 333 Posts