Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

301 - 320 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
A full length video by the production crew at last month's event, my car makes a few short appearances!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
So it's been a little while since my last update, because not much has happened, mainly due to lack of funds as insurance and registration had to be paid.
Recently I have been able to add some funds to the mod budget and have made a few more purchases.
Turbosmart Kompact Plumb Back Shortie BOV : http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/Fiesta-ST-1-6L-EcoBoost-2009-current/Ford-Fiesta-1-6L-EcoBoost-Kompact-Shortie-Plumb-Back.html
Turbosmart internal wastegate actuator : http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/Fiesta-ST-1-6L-EcoBoost-2009-current/IWG75-Ford-Fiesta-ST-1-6L-Ecoboost-Black-7PSI.html

So far I have fitted the plumb back BOV and it makes quite a difference to the car, builds and holds boost better and provides a nice whistle on high boost lift off.
The wastegate actuator will be installed at a later date.

Also had the car on track at Sydney motorsport park in eastern creek. Unfortunately I was unable to run my usual cameras as secondary thethers were required, which I didn't have. So heres some photos instead

Lining up for scrutiny

Leaving pit lane

On Track

Cooling off

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
I managed to take mine out to eastern creek for the grand prix circuit. Great fun!

Is the BOV illegal in NSW?
Only got to run the north circuit, but tipping it into turn 1 at over 150 is friggin awesome!

A vent to atmosphere BOV is illegal but I'm pretty sure the plumb back is OK.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Been a while, I've been saving!
This arrived today

So I guess most will know what happens next, so I'll update properly when it happens!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice work Dreadly, good to see another fist on the track taking it up to the marquees!

Im keen on the BOV as well, $364 from turbosmart is a bit pricey, sounds like a good purchase considering our factory valve is plastic.

Are your rims plasti dipped or painted green? Ive got my track wheels in silver, ready for a lick of paint....

cheers
Adam

·
Registered
383 Posts
Still looking like a sick build! Do you have any plans on changing the suspension?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Still looking like a sick build! Do you have any plans on changing the suspension?
Guess you haven't read the thread fully, I have already modified the suspension.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
Nice work Dreadly, good to see another fist on the track taking it up to the marquees!

Im keen on the BOV as well, $364 from turbosmart is a bit pricey, sounds like a good purchase considering our factory valve is plastic.

Are your rims plasti dipped or painted green? Ive got my track wheels in silver, ready for a lick of paint....

cheers
Adam
On the BOV, the dual port which vents to atmosphere is $364, the plumb back which I have is $50 less at $314.
Track Rims are plasti dipped.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Guess you haven't read the thread fully, I have already modified the suspension.
Ah the Mountune Sport Springs...sorry I missed that. How come you decided to go with springs instead of full coilovers?

·
Registered
30 Posts
On the BOV, the dual port which vents to atmosphere is $364, the plumb back which I have is $50 less at $314.
Track Rims are plasti dipped.
Have you had any problems with the men in blue with your BOV? (or other modifications for that matter). I have read the EPA legislation saying plumb back is legal, whilst vent to atmosphere isn't. Did you install it yourself?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #314

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fitted the exhaust today!
The bolts on the flange from the down pipe are very very tight, had to get the rattle gun out to undo them. And when you only have 2 jack stands and the back of the car is on them, it is quite tight under there, and the position of the resonator doesn't help things.
Used a hacksaw to cut the stock exhaust, and after undoing the flange and removing the hangers, it was easier than I expected to cut.

New one went in in less than 10mins, so simple to fit.
Went for a quick spin round some local streets after fitting and recorded it
Any advice if you get bad rattles? Had a friend who installed mine but I get rattle like anything when driving.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi DreadlyST,

I am trying to put LED rear lights but how do you get the lights out? Theres no screws or anything? Did you buy a service manual to show you how to do it?

Thanks heaps

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
Hi Dreadly,

Can you please tell me where you got your Aussie build number plaque?

Thanks
See post #26 in this thread, I think the cost may have increased.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awesome build mate. Love the car!

301 - 320 of 333 Posts