Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I went to start my ST with the parking brake on and in 1st gear. I turned the car off and like a dummy I just let off the clutch like I was in neutral. The car jerked and made a loud pop but I jammed the clutch in as soon as I realized what was happening. It didn't stall out. I'm just paranoid that I messed something up on it. I'm sure it's fine though.
What do you guys think, any lasting damage from being dumb for 2 seconds?

· Registered
588 Posts
Eh I may have forgot to turn the car off once doing the exact same thing mid conversation when getting out of the car. I let it out so fast it just shut off instantly. No worries. How many people do you think kill it in 1st gear when learning to drive a stick? A lot of people.

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know its a common thing and I've done it before it just sounded nasty lol. This is my first brand new car so I'm crazy paranoid about breaking anything so I keep imaging noises and stuff. I should probably go whip it around an autocross and chill out haha.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

· Registered
588 Posts
It will wear off quick. Wait until you get your first hail dent or door ding. If I get them on my 06 Acura I go... bleh and move on. When I saw the first decent rock chip ( no door dings yet ) I think a small part of me died.

Oh a bright note.... The dealer is going to replace all of the lower window stripping because they over sprayed sealer on it and it gunked up and looks pretty spotty and if you try to get it off...... it just wears the finish.

· Registered
121 Posts
I know its a common thing and I've done it before it just sounded nasty lol. This is my first brand new car so I'm crazy paranoid about breaking anything so I keep imaging noises and stuff. I should probably go whip it around an autocross and chill out haha.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
I feel you... Got a rock chip already and my heart sank each time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.