Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a couple of days now ive noticed a thick layer of dust on the rear of my car especially the bumper right after a carwash. Im not sure if it's from the rear brakes or from the salt debris that was layed out from last weeks snow fall. When i swipe my finger on my bumper the dust is the color of ash.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first hatch in a long time. Is this normal for a hatch? I mean damn.... right after a wash the rear quickly gets coated with thick dust that looks like brake dust. Very visible on a black car.

·
Registered
946 Posts
It will accumulate all kinds of shit normally, that mixed with sanded/salted roads equals a car that is almost never clean lol. Especially black dude, worst color for the OCD folk!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
It won't be as bad once the weather gets warmer and all the shit gets off the roads. Bring a few clean towels with you to the wash, I always wipe down my car as best as possible afterwards. It will help not having as much wetness for all that to cling to. I also open all the doors, hood, and hatch and wipe all the crevices you normally wouldn't think about. I hate opening my clean car door and seeing dirt stuck to the door sills.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I find it very hard to see dust on the hatch of my Ingot Silver FiST... lol :D

Reactions: Etyrnus

·
Registered
1 Posts
We all need to have a black car...once. Then we get over it and buy silver. Or like one of my coworkers used to say "always buy a dirt colored car".

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I already know some point in early time i won't care about looks anymore as long as my car is performing Great.
Who knows maybe ill wrap the whole car in a matte vynl.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep. I washed my car, drove down a dusty road and the entire rear panel of the car was coated in filth.
Do you think its the tires kickin all the dirt to the rear? Mine stick out quite a bit. Waiting for mudflaps from rallisport or rockblockz to be made. Hopefully that would help a bit.

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a new body style Chevy Tahoe that had the same issue as the FiST. That's the first thing I thought of when I walked to the back of my FiST and saw all the dust the day after I dusted it. "Damn, same a my old Tahoe"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts