Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We don't have a Fiesta ST but some of you may be interested to see what we are doing with the Fiestas big brother.

Hey guys, we don't have a Fiesta ST but some of you may be interested to see what we are doing with the Fiestas big brother. We've been hard at work and I think you guys will enjoy this build. We certainly already are and we're looking forward to what is in store. Here are some pics so far. We're doing quite a bit as we speak so we'll make sure to post up shortly with more pics and build info. We just did a pretty awesome photo shoot that's unlike anything we've ever seen so we'll drop that really soon. Trust me, it'll bring a smile to your face. :big smile:

Thanks for looking!

Modifications To Date

POWER

Cobb Tuning AccessPort
CP-E Stage 2 Rear Engine Mount
CP-E Downpipe, Catless
Milltek Catback Exhaust

HANDLING
KW Suspension V3 Coilovers

APPEARANCE
3M 15% Tint

GOING IN
ATP Turbo GTX2867R Bolt-On Turbo Kit
Forgestar F14 Wheels
ST Suspension Rear Sway Bar
CP-E Air Intake
CP-E Front Mount Intercooler and Piping

Had to take it out for a nice drive early on. You guys probably feel the same but I feel like the car begs to be driven, especially with such awesome roads all around our area. So we gave in. This is in Winter Park, CO. :)

First up was, none other than, the Cobb AccessPort. We ordered one early on obviously. We'll switch to a V3 once we get just a little deeper into the project!

Here's the CP-E Downpipe going in. We opted to go catless. The car doesn't get driven a ton and we have plans that warrant removing it so we did!

Here is the Milltek Catback Exhaust after finishing up. We went with non-resonated and black tips. Black and silver always looks awesome together if it's right. I honestly can't believe how it sounds like it does. It sounds like a monster when you open it up with a little higher pitched, sort of European sound but has absolutely no drone whatsoever. Sounds stock inside the car at ANY cruising speed and RPM level.

Here are a few shots from today of what's being worked on. The car will be a lot different here shortly!

In case you were wondering, we also have a 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 with a GT3076R turbo, among many other things of course. The ST should be closer to it's level here soon. ;)

Wheels just got in yesterday! They're custom Forgestar F14's. We were surprised to see that what we had chosen when we ordered them a few weeks ago was also the wheel that went on probably the most noteworthy Focus ST at the SEMA show we just returned from, the Gulf outfitted widebody Focus ST. I guess that made us feel pretty on point with wheel selection! We'll be powder coating them any day now and we'll post up after we do. This picture is actually of the raw aluminum. We wanted our own color done so they let us order them in raw finish (contact us if you're interested in these wheels BTW). Pretty cool!

Updated: 11/25/13

We'll be putting a Spec Stage 3+ on the car soon. Here it is!

Update: December 13, 2013

Finished up the turbo install and got most of our powder coated parts installed. We still need to install the ST Suspensions Rear Sway Bar as well as the Boomba Short Shift Plate and Short Shifter.

UPDATE!! April 9 2014

Got the car on the dyno with the GTX2867 .86 a/r

Front Side:

Back Side:

Uncorrected:

Corrected for Altitude:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice work.. being Catless does it have that "Smell" ??
I've never noticed a smell. At least not from inside the car. I have followed it on my bike before and I could definitely smell a bit of richness as I drove through the black cloud that was left behind from a flat foot shift. lol!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Just bought an AP from you guys. Hopefully you get some Fiesta stuff on there sooner or later...
Yeah emphasis on "sooner". lol :p

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Really though, since you had an ms3 I'm sure you know how great edge's customer service is. I'd love to order more from them, but the site isn't up to snuff yet
Actually I don't. I never got around to replacing my stock FP, so the only products I bought were a SURE intake, SURE short shift kit, Cobb AP, Ultimate-Racing axle back exhaust system, Corksport springs, colder range plugs (indexed) and 18x8 Konig Deceptions. Anything beyond what I did would have made it a necessity to upgrade to a HPFP. I just couldn't fathom the $350-$1,000 price tag just so I could do upgrades.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just added mountune intercoolers to the site as well as the Cobb Stage 1 Power Package. I will be continuing to add Fiesta ST parts so we can make it less bare for you guys.

Also, we got to drive the Focus around yesterday for the first time with the big turbo. We will be starting tuning very soon and I am excited at how nice the car feels with the bigger turbo. We are very much looking forward to getting it tuned up.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have to give EdgeAutosports mad props for sending me a Cobb AP, overnight for tomorrow delivery when NO ONE else could. Everyone else is either closed or won't call/email me back. :confused: I realize it was uber short notice with Christmas holidays and all but my wife just got money today to get this for me for Christmas. THANK YOU! :D

·
Registered
923 Posts
Really though, since you had an ms3 I'm sure you know how great edge's customer service is. I'd love to order more from them, but the site isn't up to snuff yet
I know now! :)

Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
923 Posts
Just hoping the Focus ST/Fiesta ST V3 is for BOTH cars, not just the Focus ST. It is the same part number I believe but has maps for BOTH Ford applications. Was yours the same way Colin?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
It does work for both

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: EdgeAutosport.com

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Though i think it can only be married or (joined to your vehicle VIN) to one vehicle at a time but don't quote me on that I'd ask COBB to be sure
Yes that is correct. But I don't have a FoST, so I don't care about that. ~chuckles~ Going to install it in a few minutes. :D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Maybe not. The @#$% thing has not been delivered yet! LOL. I paid for UPS Next day air, 12:30 delivery. It's now 2:41 pm. :mad: Which map are you running again, rodmoe?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: Pelotonracer2

·
Registered
923 Posts
OTS 91 octane tune as i am not sure i will always be able to get 93 octane gas so i play it safe and run a 91 tune and get 93 octane gas as my main fuel if not a good grade of 91 till i find or am near my 93 Oct BP station
And it still "feels" better than the stock tune? I guess I will try both and see how they are just for comparisons sake. Everyone seems to be in agreement that the 93 map leave something to be desired.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts