Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For all Canadian owners. I've notice that Fiesta ST sold in our country is suppose to come with an electrochromic auto dimming rear-view mirror as a standard equipment.I attach 2 documents that come from the Ford Canada web site to prove it. The first one is a comparison sheet to see the difference between SE, Titanium and ST models and the second one is the standard features that the ST is suppose to have. You will find this one in the "build and price" section, under vehicle details / standard features.

Since mine do not have that mirror, I have the good old mirror with the little flipper under to put it in night mode. I mentioned it to my dealer the missing part and he assure me that I'm suppose to have it and will have it but I would have to be patient because Ford Canada as to make and inquiry to understand the miss-manufacturing and correct the missing. As far as I know, every ST sold in our country as this glitch. I know, the US version is sold cheaper and comes with a lot less standard features. In Canada it comes with only three options: Navigation system, moonroof and the dark grey wheel with red calipers. Everything else is standard. In the US, for example, the Reccaro seats are optional and lots of other things too. So my guess is that they took the US version and equipped it with our standard features for Canada and forget that auto dimming rear-view mirror.

I know my dealer as sold at least 2 other ST after mine and they have the same glitch but those owners do not seemed to care about it.
I do, since somewhere I've paid for it in the purchase price so I want it.

I would like to know if other owners have notice this issue and what they think about it.

. 2014 Ford Fiesta _ Compare Vehicles _ Ford.ca.jpg View attachment 907 2014 Fiesta ST - Standard features.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm in Vancouver. My vehicle also didn't come with the auto dimming mirror. I don't mind, but if Ford changes it for me under warranty, I'm all for it! Thanks for bringing this to attention.

·
Registered
64 Posts
None for mine too, and i brought the papers to the dealership the day i picked the car up and showed them that it's suppose to be included. They can't do anything about it. The manager tells me ford changes the specs on the cars all the time without updating the specs page online

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
True like the back up cam...
Yeah that's true, but the backup cam was never listed as a standard spec (as far as i know anyway). The autodim mirror was actually listed as standard.

Im wondering if it's the same as the engine block heater. Mine has one, but the ones that I test drove back when i ordered mine in November didn't have them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The lack of a backup cam is fine. If you can't back up a Fiesta safely without a camera you shouldn't be operating a vehicle on public roads. The introduction of cameras and blindspot monitors are great in theory, but in practice they breed lazy drivers who rely on aides rather than their mirrors and neck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
^This. So true, and so sad. I got my license (months) before they dropped the parallel parking requirement. Now, I'm scared to park in public areas.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@was-an-M... Try telling it to this guy I know who killed/ran over his child hiding behind his vehicle. He couldn't handle life anymore. Lost his marriage, job and basically drank himself to death.

Just thought I'd throw that out there as that's the first thing that came to mind when I read your post.

As an aside, getting used to it but looking out through the rear windshield, cars/objects appear a lot closer to the car than they actually are.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey ! im going to the dealer tomorow for the first oil change and i will mention this
to add up on the missing option subject.. what about the driver lombar support... it is in the option list and obviously not on my recaros

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey ! im going to the dealer tomorow for the first oil change and i will mention this
to add up on the missing option subject.. what about the driver lombar support... it is in the option list and obviously not on my recaros
Auto dimming mirror was dropped by Ford before production began. And those of us that have non Recaros seats have the adjustable lombar option.

·
Registered
20 Posts
recaros are not an option in canada and the website clearly states the mirror and the lombar
I probably wont get any of those but its worth a shot...maybe dealing something special...who knows

·
Registered
374 Posts
The mirror is over rated IMO. I have one and I'd rather do it myself. At least I want to over ride it. It's not sensitive enough and when I'm parked sitting in my car with the engine stopped it no longer functions. :/

·
Registered
75 Posts
strange how they took it "out" for some markets... luckily i got it. and the mirror "puddle lights" was a nice surprise as well :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just ended the phone procedure with ford of canada and my dealer ordered the autodimming miror and it will be installed under warranty

happy me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For all Canadian owners. I've notice that Fiesta ST sold in our country is suppose to come with an electrochromic auto dimming rear-view mirror as a standard equipment.I attach 2 documents that come from the Ford Canada web site to prove it. The first one is a comparison sheet to see the difference between SE, Titanium and ST models and the second one is the standard features that the ST is suppose to have. You will find this one in the "build and price" section, under vehicle details / standard features.

Since mine do not have that mirror, I have the good old mirror with the little flipper under to put it in night mode. I mentioned it to my dealer the missing part and he assure me that I'm suppose to have it and will have it but I would have to be patient because Ford Canada as to make and inquiry to understand the miss-manufacturing and correct the missing. As far as I know, every ST sold in our country as this glitch. I know, the US version is sold cheaper and comes with a lot less standard features. In Canada it comes with only three options: Navigation system, moonroof and the dark grey wheel with red calipers. Everything else is standard. In the US, for example, the Reccaro seats are optional and lots of other things too. So my guess is that they took the US version and equipped it with our standard features for Canada and forget that auto dimming rear-view mirror.

I know my dealer as sold at least 2 other ST after mine and they have the same glitch but those owners do not seemed to care about it.
I do, since somewhere I've paid for it in the purchase price so I want it.

I would like to know if other owners have notice this issue and what they think about it.

. View attachment 906 View attachment 907 View attachment 908
As a follow up of my original thread, I've just receive a letter on April 1 from Ford Canada that says that they received the auto-dimming rear mirror for my ST and I just have to take an appointment to install it.
I'm taking an appointment this week and I will do a follow up to this thread.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
As a follow up of my original thread, I've just receive a letter on April 1 from Ford Canada that says that they received the auto-dimming rear mirror for my ST and I just have to take an appointment to install it.
I'm taking an appointment this week and I will do a follow up to this thread.
Thats awesome!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts