Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'd actually go for these at that price if they fit and the wiring is pretty much the same. Anyone know?
Same here, waiting for someone to be the guinea pig

·
Registered
269 Posts
I ordered mine yesterday. I'll probably start up a new thread once I receive it and install it.
Please keep us posted.

Plug looks the same but wiring is different.

Australian, Top view . North American, Bottom view.
I would imagine it will be a matter of sorting out the wiring diagram and perhaps splicing in extra power for the LED's, but that should be doable.

My major concerns would be:
1. They physically fit differently since Europe has different pedestrian impact requirements and maybe the hood is a touch different.
2. Use of the Euro headlights trigger a dashboard warning; that would drive me insane.

·
Registered
248 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong, although euro spec do come with projectors, i read that the euro specs dont actually have hid bulbs/ballasts?
not sure if thats true, and doesnt really make any sense to me personally to just have projectors and no hid

·
Registered
545 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong, although euro spec do come with projectors, i read that the euro specs dont actually have hid bulbs/ballasts?
not sure if thats true, and doesnt really make any sense to me personally to just have projectors and no hid
I believe they're halogen projectors and not HIDs. But you can buy the ballasts and bulbs and supposedly retrofit it if you get the housings.

·
Registered
369 Posts
They are indeed just projectors with no hid. There's a huge benefit to having that as the projector smoothes out beam scatter and can give you more light where it helps you see.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dammit, I thought the US spec came with projectors, just not HID's. Now it's neither?! Crap. Because I can create HID with a kit. I've done it with the car I have now for $60. But without the projectors the spread pattern is a pita for both oncoming traffic and myself.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I believe they're halogen projectors and not HIDs. But you can buy the ballasts and bulbs and supposedly retrofit it if you get the housings.
Yes, halogen projectors, no HID. 10 wires Vs 6 wires. 2 extra wires for the LED and the other 2 for the Beam adjustment from inside vehicle, I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm mainly buying this because I like led daytime running light design. Also if I decide to get hid, it'll be proper

·
Registered
369 Posts
I wonder if we'll also need the interior switch for the leveling adjustment. That can't be too much...if this works out...fit wise...i may have to do this project :)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Interested to see how this turns out for you.
If its simple enough, I might end up doing it as well.

Reactions: joker96

·
Registered
163 Posts
I see this is a fairly old thread but I am curious to know how it turned out. I like the Euro headlights as well. Don't care about having the DRL's but like the projector option. So did anyone completed this yet?
Thanks

Reactions: joker96
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.