Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good news everyone!
500px-GoodNewsEveryone.jpg

About a week ago, I decided to be a guinea pig and see if the European projector headlamps fits on the NA fiesta st's. Since there was so much commotion with the previous Fiesta's compatability, it was a bit risky of a project.

I received the headlights today and they FIT! Perfectly, in fact. Even better news is that 90% of the wiring is same as the NA wiring. Only thing that you'll have to wire is the LED DRL and Headlight adjustment motor, if you have switch and other stuff.

I will keep you guys updated with the LED wiring soon...

I apologize to anyone had to read this in Farnsworth's voice.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It loos good to me. I just don't see where it looks any better than the stockers for the money. I guess it is like wheels, everyone has there preferences.

·
Registered
488 Posts
this is awesome! thanks for guinea pigging it :)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
This is awesome. Definitely interested in the leveling and aim of these headlights. This is really something that should have been an option in the US.

Do you mind if I ask how much they cost?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is awesome. Definitely interested in the leveling and aim of these headlights. This is really something that should have been an option in the US.

Do you mind if I ask how much they cost?
It wasn't cheap. Cost around 700 bucks shipped from the UK

·
Registered
369 Posts
It wasn't cheap. Cost around 700 bucks shipped from the UK
Hmm...I wonder if the passenger headlight will be aimed to low and the drivers too high. Generally headlights and their proper level are designed for right or left hand drive and there are internal baffles to control light properly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hmm...I wonder if the passenger headlight will be aimed to low and the drivers too high. Generally headlights and their proper level are designed for right or left hand drive and there are internal baffles to control light properly.
Well, it still comes with manual adjustment on the side with athe use of Allen wrench. Also, the headlights I got is left hand drive pattern so the beam pattern is proper

·
Registered
678 Posts
Did that include bulbs/ballasts? If that's the case, 700 bucks is cheap!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So, after much trial and error and tremendous help from D1JL, I was able to figure out which pins power things on the headlight. Since I won't be taking advantage of the headlight leveling motor (yet), All I needed to figure out was the LED DRL pinout.

There are many ways to wire up these pins and I decided to use the cleanest route. I ordered some official ford pigtails for the headlight harness and decided to use some pins from it. Expensive? yes. However, it keeps the stock look and I don't need to worry about wires getting shorted and etc.

Stay tuned for the full installation soon!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Stay tuned for the full installation soon!
First of all, thanks so much for putting this together/guinea pigging it. Huge debt of gratitude there as this is definitely something I'll want to do in the future.

Secondly, is there any way you could provide part numbers and part sources for every part you're using for this process (headlamps, wiring, etc)? I'd just want to follow as closely as possible to your method if it ends up working out.

Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts