Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im jones'ing for a exhaust, fswerks has a great price looks and sound. was thinking to wait for cobb...i have ap and wanted to stick with a all cobb car..... what to do......

·
Registered
488 Posts
So ordered the fsworks. U guys think its worth wraping the stock downpipe with termal tape or not...
No need to wrap the stock DP, it's got a heat shield that's pretty big

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
2j racing has their fiesta exhaust on sale for $529. Looks like a nice piece.
That's a pretty descent looking system, I can't imagine anyone not opting for the stainless steel finish..

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Stainless all the way for me. I plan to keep my exhaust on this car for a long time so need to last.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
All I want is to hear Ian's catback prototype so I can decide to wait or not ugh....

I m waiting on a lot of things from COBB! So mad that I am so impatient so I just bought a shift knob, +50whp easy, and more torque steer too :(

·
Registered
488 Posts
No I was cheated out of the sticker :( I fully expect COBB to make it right with a stage 2 kit sent my way :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
The price and volume level is going to depend who I go with. I'm waiting until all (at least most) of the companies have released their systems. FsWerks is what I'm planning on right now, but I wan't something that's not insanely expensive and not too loud. I don't want my neighbors to hear a rally car every morning when I leave for work.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The price and volume level is going to depend who I go with. I'm waiting until all (at least most) of the companies have released their systems. FsWerks is what I'm planning on right now, but I wan't something that's not insanely expensive and not too loud. I don't want my neighbors to hear a rally car every morning when I leave for work.
You get what you pay for in the case of Cobb. If it is $1000 more than maybe thats a bit much but it will not be. A few hundred more is the price you pay for something that will install perfectly, look amazing, perform well and continue to do so for a long time to come.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
How much better can cobbs catback be than fsworks besides pipe size and sound? I highly doubt a huge gain in performance over the other if its the same size piping.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Reactions: stuntdoogie

·
Registered
773 Posts
How much better can cobbs catback be than fsworks besides pipe size and sound? I highly doubt a huge gain in performance over the other if its the same size piping.

It won't but that isn't why you buy Cobb over X brand. You buy it because it is made well and made from the best materials. The welds are a work of art. I saw the Cobb exhaust on the SEMA car and it looked amazing. That was a pre-pro version too.

I bought a Greddy exhaust for my STI back in the day. It was nice and expensive. Greddy Ti-C I believe it was to be exact. After about 2 years it developed an exhaust leak and had actually rotted at the flange going into the Cat. The finish also went to crap. It was once shiny but was very faded and burned in areas after a few years.

I bought a Cobb turboback and it looked great. Installed EXTREMELY easily. Everything just fell into place it seemed. After almost 3 years, if you wipe it off, the finish still looks new and the sound was much more refined. I love Cobb.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
It won't but that isn't why you buy Cobb over X brand. You buy it because it is made well and made from the best materials. The welds are a work of art. I saw the Cobb exhaust on the SEMA car and it looked amazing. That was a pre-pro version too.

I bought a Greddy exhaust for my STI back in the day. It was nice and expensive. Greddy Ti-C I believe it was to be exact. After about 2 years it developed an exhaust leak and had actually rotted at the flange going into the Cat. The finish also went to crap. It was once shiny but was very faded and burned in areas after a few years.

I bought a Cobb turboback and it looked great. Installed EXTREMELY easily. Everything just fell into place it seemed. After almost 3 years, if you wipe it off, the finish still looks new and the sound was much more refined. I love Cobb.
Ya usually you get what you pay for. I personally have had tremendous luck with eBay exhaust parts haha. I went through 2 ebay DPs on my ms6 (parted out once) and the fit and finish on that thing was excellent! Even more so when you consider it was $120 lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Exhaust will be here friday, thinking of painting the can flat black. the can is not polished and I think will look better black....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts