Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Wanted to give you a quick update on some different exhaust options for the new 2014 Fiesta ST

Magnaflow has released their cat back exhaust (includes sound clip):

Check it out here

MRT has also released a cat back exhaust (includes sound clip):

Check it out here

Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's a shame the exhaust sounds are hard to hear with the terrible music. Who would do that? "Hey come listen to this exhaust and use high quality headphone/speakers" and they play music louder than the exhaust. lol
I was thinking the same thing. But then the 2nd one, I thought it was too loud and reminded me of a tuner car. I don't want my car to sound like a ricer car, just like I don't want my sport bike to sound obnoxiously loud either (hence no Muzzy exhaust). I might look into the first one more if they'd release a video without music; the exhaust itself should already be an orchestra, a treat for the ears.

·
Registered
212 Posts
From what I could tell, I like the Magnaflow better. I spoke with my fabricator that I have dealt with for 20 years about making a custom exhaust, downpipe and all. For the price that I am seeing these catbacks I bet I can do a full turbo back exhaust. Hell, dual exhaust cat backs for my Terminator did not cost as much as what they are asking for a single pipe and muffler for the Fiesta.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Neighbours would no doubt dislike me leaving for work at 6am sporting the MRT. Prefer the Magnaflow but will wait for the Milltek. Big fan of the Milltek on the Focus followed one on a drive and sounded great at 4000 and above yet meek and mild below... Suits my needs.

·
Registered
946 Posts
From what I could tell, I like the Magnaflow better. I spoke with my fabricator that I have dealt with for 20 years about making a custom exhaust, downpipe and all. For the price that I am seeing these catbacks I bet I can do a full turbo back exhaust. Hell, dual exhaust cat backs for my Terminator did not cost as much as what they are asking for a single pipe and muffler for the Fiesta.
This. All of them thus far sound terrible imo, and for the money I'll have my buddies high end fab shop tig me up a custom setup for the same price or less..

·
Registered
923 Posts
Since I'm leasing, I need something I can bolt on and off easily... does anyone know the pipe diameter of the Magnaflow?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tubing O.D. Size: 2.25"
TIP O.D. Size: 3.5"
Magnaflow is notorious for making "performance" exhausts using OEM pipe sizes. Some of their exhausts on other cars have choke points where they neck down .25" or even .5". Not saying they aren't good, but I often question their design practices.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yeah, I am not impressed... ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the magnaflow on my Focus ST and I love it!
I just ordered the Magnaflow through Galpin Auto sports, for my 2014 ST. I should have it installed later this week. We did also install the Magnaflow on my daughters 2013 Club MX-5 a while back. It sounds great without being too loud.
Ron

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Not for nothin but I might jump on the magnaflow bandwagon also. Or maybe have a shop make me custom madrel 2.5" piping and use magnaflows resonator and rear muffler.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
If you plan on further modifying your FiST, 2.5 inch and up will get you your money's worth. 2.25 is hardly bigger than stock and could prove to be a restriction further down the mod path
This ^^^^

Reactions: Colin1337
1 - 19 of 19 Posts