Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Does the Fiesta ST need a better HORN?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone replaced their horn with one that actually gets some attention?

The ST deserves something more distinctive, and in line with it's performance intentions...

In the past, I've used the 'Stebel Nautilus', a beautiful, and loud-sounding two-tone (same as the 'Griot's Garage Italian Air Horn') to replace the generic one in my Mazda Miata, Lotus Elise, and Honda Element to very nice effect. It's $45 shipped on Amazon.

Would I be the first? I'm not a techie, so any help on doing this would be greatly appreciated...;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm of the 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' school. The stock horn gets the job done for me
I hear ya.

The stock horn really isn't too bad, it just seems uncharacteristic to the car to me, as it sounds like every other Ford I've known...but a 'little dog' needs a 'Big BARK' in my opinion...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Coming from a long list of Hondas, the horn on the FiST is actually pretty good. Deep enough that it doesn't sound weak and loud enough that someone would be looking for a larger car upon hearing it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Coming from a long list of Hondas, the horn on the FiST is actually pretty good. Deep enough that it doesn't sound weak and loud enough that someone would be looking for a larger car upon hearing it.
Same with my wife's Fit and I think maybe even my old Camry. The horns SUCKED. This one surprised me the first time I used it. lol

It sounds like it should be in a crown vic or something. It definitely does the job.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The FiST has a better horn than the cobalt did. But if I was going to swap it, I'd do the same thing I would do on my bike: Train horn

·
Registered
773 Posts
It sounds like it has a truck horn. My Civic from back in the day was embarrassing to use...it was like a squeak

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It sounds like it has a truck horn. My Civic from back in the day was embarrassing to use...it was like a squeak
Nothing worse than a 'squeaky' or anemic horn. I'm glad it doesn't have one of those... I'm actually starting to get used to it, but a higher 'schrill', like the Italian Stebel Nautilus would be nice...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't really care about how the horn sounds.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have a set of Supertones that are going in once I get my car back. 118dB, because you've got to reach out and touch someone.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I put mine behind the grille. uploadfromtaptalk1413959705145.jpg

Sent by my GS4 via Tapatalk.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you had any issues with airflow over the radiator? I may have to tear mine out and do it like yours, that looks damn good.

·
Registered
268 Posts
No issues whatsoever. No change before or after on charge temp or ECTs.

Sent by my GS4 via Tapatalk.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry for being slightly off topic, and in an older thread but since the info is already out has anyone had any issues with the performance of their horn? I've noticed starting this week that when locking my car, when it honks the horns sounds really weak. It hasn't really bothered me much and I thought that it might be because of the cold weather. While driving today I actually had to use it because someone started to swerve into me. Laid on the horn and it sounded weak again. Actually having to use it in a situation like this got me thinking a bit more about it. Does anyone know what could be going on? Some google searches say it could be bad, or even just dirty?.. I've never even thought about a horn being an issue so I'm not sure what to think about this.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts