Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can Factory navigation be added to My Ford Touch systems in the FiST at a later time?

If so, is it as easy as a possible re-flash and SD car upgrade?

Thanks in advance,

K

·
Registered
369 Posts
I believe its different for the FiST since it already has the same MFT system. Might just need the SD card for it??

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not if you go through sources outside of ford. I am not condoning this but I know where you can get it cheaper.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Real quick and easy way to test this...find a friend with a Fist that has nav, transplant the sd card into yours as a test :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I believe its different for the FiST since it already has the same MFT system. Might just need the SD card for it??
No my focus has the same MFT unit as a navigation equipped one would. What the parts guy told me was that the non-nagivation MFT units don't have the GPS tracker associated with it. Hence why you need a new actual headunit. How true this is Im not sure...But I know just inserting the SD card won't work...I tried it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My car does not have Navigation, I just installed Sync destinations on my cell phone. It hooks up with the my ford touch screen automatically and I use the cars touch screen and give it voice commands saying the address and the car gives me turn by turn directions even though I do not have nav. Works great for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's nice to use navigation apps via smartphone, BUT it's of no help if your data plan is small or you're out of region. For example, coming from Vancouver, roaming is pretty expensive driving down to Washington State.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It only uses your phone to make a call when downloading the directions and then hangs up (takes about 1 min) then you can be on your way and even use your phone to make calls. The car does not use the phone when telling you were to go.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No my focus has the same MFT unit as a navigation equipped one would. What the parts guy told me was that the non-nagivation MFT units don't have the GPS tracker associated with it. Hence why you need a new actual headunit. How true this is Im not sure...But I know just inserting the SD card won't work...I tried it.
Ya that has to be BS. The car must have GPS otherwise the directions from Sync wouldn't work.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ya that has to be BS. The car must have GPS otherwise the directions from Sync wouldn't work.
That's what I was thinking. It has to be a firmware flash then.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts