Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is really cool. But with the overboost feature you really are only gaining 30BHP with this one, sure styling ques and unique badging and features but 30hp isnt a whole lot. Once the aftermarket gains a chokehold on this car, 30WHP will be attainable with intake, exhaust, and a tune to 91 (screw you guys with 93) octane. With more being seen from even more aggressive tunes as well as intercooler and hard pipe kits, potentially even E85 and/or water meth injection. Sky is the limit, or er... pistons/rods/headstuds are the limit lol

Still awesome!

·
Registered
54 Posts
This has been Ford's SOP in Europe for some time- the RS variant will always be more aggressive and a bit less practical. I'd be tempted to wait just to get a real LSD.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If that's actually coming, I'm trading up to one at the end of my lease on my ST for sure. I hope they stick with torque vectoring though and I think they will. Front wheel drive mechanical LSD's are going to be old hardware as manufacturers look to shed weight for fuel mileage.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
A front dif and bigger breaks would be nice, but I doubt this would ever come to the states so I'm perfectly content with the ST
It has to come to the states with the Ford One mantra. The have been holding fairly true to it so if an RS badged whatever comes out...the whole world gets it

Reactions: LVracerGT

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
The new GTI will have a mechanical LSD...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't really want to see an AWD system either because 1) it will add a fair bit of weight and 2) it would likely end up a fake AWD system like the system that's in cars like the CLA45, R32, Golf R, Audi TT, etc.

But this thing will probably never see US shores. Of course, maybe we can at least source the suspension and brake components over here. I can't believe they don't bring more UK offerings over here. Guess they are still sore about the beating we gave them 200 or so years ago :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
only interested if the RS comes with AWD, or else no care.

·
Registered
488 Posts
AWD would add WAY too much to the cost of the vehicle.
but for close to 30K, it better have it :) or brembos, mechanical LSD, and KO4 at least

·
Registered
26 Posts
but for close to 30K, it better have it :) or brembos, mechanical LSD, and KO4 at least
It will probably still be FWD, LSD, a bit more power and a lot of special badges and bodywork.

That is usually what you get for a 4-5k price increase.

·
Registered
773 Posts
On the awd conversation.... I think it just needs some kumbo road race tires... All the traction, none of the weight/cost. Also.... AWD cars impossible to build reliable from the factory (unless your haldex in vw/audis). The $40k evo/STis still break driveline parts while running 13.0 in the 1/4. Sure....
$7k in replacement parts on a $40k car and it can be reliable, but...
now your at $47k for a 13.40 car, lol.

Think ford is going to put an AWD system in a fiesta that can handle 400ft of torque launches and never break? Have to read
about 5.0L manual trans ? Lol
STI's break driveline parts? Only if driven improperly...

The STI tranny can easily hold 600+hp with no mods. It is the same trans used in their rally cars (when not using sequential). I have never seen someone break anything on their STI at the track or strip.

The reason that the Mustang GT trans cant hold the power is because they cheaped out and it is made in China. They have since rectified the problem though. All cars have their issues when they are new.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts