Yeah, high flow cat... :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
That's brutally loud...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Well, a lot of the European aftermarket support is slowly making its way over here, and I'd be willing to bet cobb will release there Access Tuner Racer software along with the rest of their part line up.
I think since the companies that make parts for this car stateside are "smaller" it takes them a little longer to get the R&D down since they likely cant afford to go out and buy a car, they have to rely on a local who is cool with voiding the warranty haha. At the same time though, I feel your frustration, it seems like its slow to start, but hopefully it will gain some momentum.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cobb already has parts in the UK, just has not released them to the US? I called a place to import me a 3" catless downpipe from scorpion in the UK. Its prob gonna be an insane price ( I will post ). Gotta figure basiclly 50% more money due to exchange rate, then crazy shipping cost, then the fact it passes through a 3rd party before getting to me... Prob gonna be like $700, lol. I had to ask though...
Dude call essexparts they have the scorpion for half the normal price...you just gotta send them feedback on your install.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cobb already has parts in the UK, just has not released them to the US? I called a place to import me a 3" catless downpipe from scorpion in the UK. Its prob gonna be an insane price ( I will post ). Gotta figure basiclly 50% more money due to exchange rate, then crazy shipping cost, then the fact it passes through a 3rd party before getting to me... Prob gonna be like $700, lol. I had to ask though...
I got a miltek 3 inch catless downpipe and the mil cheater shipped to me from the uk for like $460

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
wow I dig it, very nice!! how much was the miltek downpipe?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Where did you order it from and how did you deal with the check-engine light from not having a cat? Thanx for any help you can give :)
You can avoid the CEL buy putting a defouler in, that's the "mil cheater" he's referring to.
I'm 95% sure edge auto will be selling milltek products shortly as I'm getting a non res milltek exhaust put on by them next Saturday.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Ahhhh ok. I was going to do the samething if I didn't have a solution via the tuner. That worked on my srt4 for about a week at a time, but I didn't know if it would work on the fiesta because the widebands.
It works better in warm weather, once it starts to cool off the cell could pop back up. Its more of a band-aid really
My MS6 ran catless without the cel popping up for pretty much all spring/summer

·
Registered
15 Posts
Where did you order it from and how did you deal with the check-engine light from not having a cat? Thanx for any help you can give :)
I ordered it from www.pumaspeed.co.uk their shipping is super quick I got it like a day after they shipped it. check it out here's pic of the downpipe with the mil cheater elbow installed. the sensor after where the cat would be is not going strait into the pipe it is on an elbow that moves it out of the direct flow of the exhaust gasses. so it keeps the check engine light from coming on. I also wrapped the downpipe in fiberglass titanium wrap because this downpipe won't work with the stock heat shield and I wanted to keep that heat out of the engine bay

·
Registered
244 Posts
Do we think there will be a large HP gain without a remap? Has anyone tested before and after with just a DP (on a stock motor)?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Puma speed !! Where have you been for 2 months !! Downpipe on order !!
$456 shipped.

I also have stainless ties and some nice ford blue heat wrap for it. You guys read where it says the stock DP has a bend that goes down to less than 2" ? Wow...
Ya here are some pics of my OE downpipe it narrows down a lot just before the cat

1 - 20 of 20 Posts