Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had went in to place an order for a fiesta today at our local dealer. We got through picking the options and everything and he said it popped up something about not taking anymore orders. He went into the back and looked some things up and came back to tell me that they are done producing the car already. I just want to know if anyone else has heard the same thing?

·
Registered
490 Posts
They had a huge back log due to demand and had to increase production by 15%. Thety will never discontinue a car that has become onf their best sellers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was thinking too. I just wanted to see if anyone else has been to a dealer and told the same thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah because around me the Michigan/Ohio area. They have maybe only sold less than 10 in the past few months.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yeah because around me the Michigan/Ohio area. They have maybe only sold less than 10 in the past few months.
I doubt they've literally sold less than 10.

Demand has been high so it's not likely that they have discontinued the car. Either they are stopping orders while they meet current demand or the dealer(s) you went to sold or ordered their entire allotment for the year already. I'd call around or see if you can find one on a lot that has what you want.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I already told myself if mine doesn't rust to shit within 20 years its gonna be a nice classic :)

·
Banned
27 Posts
I doubt they've literally sold less than 10.

Demand has been high so it's not likely that they have discontinued the car. Either they are stopping orders while they meet current demand or the dealer(s) you went to sold or ordered their entire allotment for the year already. I'd call around or see if you can find one on a lot that has what you want.
They're still taking orders at my dealer here in NorCal.

I am curious about your "demand has been high statement". Source? Here in NorCal the FiST is a complete sales flop so far. There are currently 78 available, and there have been very few sold. My local dealer still has the original four he was allocated.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The problem in norcal is the dealers dont really know what the car is. Ford needs to do better in teaching their dealers about the cars they sell and addvertise them...And the 78 inventory number may also include cars that are on the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I may have exaggerated a little with the 10 but it has been a flop around me. I have not seen one fist on the road. The fost has been a decent seller around me and I have seen quite a few of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well... I'v seen a few Focus STs but only one Fiesta ST in the wild. That being said, the Focus came out a year before the Fiesta.

The dealer probably just couldn't order one and wanted to make a sale on something else.

·
Registered
269 Posts
They're still taking orders at my dealer here in NorCal.

I am curious about your "demand has been high statement". Source? Here in NorCal the FiST is a complete sales flop so far. There are currently 78 available, and there have been very few sold. My local dealer still has the original four he was allocated.
Around here in the lower North East and upper Mid Atlantic they are hard to come by. Or not easy anyway. I haven't seen a ton on the road but dealers don't seem to have them.

And dude, again, what's with the username?

·
Banned
27 Posts
Around here in the lower North East and upper Mid Atlantic they are hard to come by. Or not easy anyway. I haven't seen a ton on the road but dealers don't seem to have them.

And dude, again, what's with the username?
ford.inventory.com shows 46 in current extended inventory for Frederick, MD 21702. I haven't found a way to tell what geographic boundaries "extended inventory" is pulled from though. Good selection of colors/options too, unless you want white or silver. Only one of each available. It is interesting that several dealers in that area don't have any listed in stock.

That's not the case out here. Every Ford dealer has multiple STs on the lot.

The username is an inside joke. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Both of the ST's that were on the lot back when I ORDERED mine at still there.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts