Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ford Fiesta ST Interior LED Kit

At Diode Dynamics, we carry a full line of LED bulbs, to replace your Fiesta ST's map lights, dome lights, trunk light, turn signals, and more!

We carry the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Our LED Conversion Kits include all of the LED bulbs you need to replace the incandescent bulbs in your Fiesta ST, for interior locations. It has been tested in the Fiesta ST, for perfect fitment, and no guesswork! No modification is required for installation, you simply replace the bulbs!

This interior LED conversion kit in the color of your choice includes:

Stage 1 Kit:

2-194 HP3 Front Map Light LED Bulbs
1-194 HP3 Front Dome Light LED Bulb
2-194 HP3 Rear Map Light LED Bulbs
1-194 HP3 Rear Dome Light LED Bulb
1-194 HP3 Trunk Light LED Bulb
1-194 HP3 Glove Light LED Bulb
2-194 HP3 License Plate LED Bulbs

Stage 2 Kit:

2-194 HP5 Front Map Light LED Bulbs
1-194 HP5 Front Dome Light LED Bulb
2-194 HP5 Rear Map Light LED Bulbs
1-194 HP5 Rear Dome Light LED Bulb
1-194 HP5 Trunk Light LED Bulb
1-194 HP5 Glove Light LED Bulb
2-194 HP5 License Plate LED Bulbs

Bulb Design:

HP3: One high-power SMD under a diffusing lens for truly even output (no hotspots). Constant current design and air-cooled base for superior reliability. Features dual contact pins and nonpolar function for easy installation.
HP5: Four high-power SMDs, under a diffusing lens. Just like the HP3, but run at higher power, with integrated copper plating for superior heat dissipation, allowing maximum brightness.

Brightness

This LED will provide a substantial improvement in brightness compared to stock. The factory bulbs are 35 lumens each, while the replacement HP3 is 56 lumens. The HP5 produces 921 lumens.

Lumens: BUYER BEWARE! Most sellers just provide "calculated" lumen numbers, based on the maximum potential brightness of the LED chips on the bulb. For example, if a bulb has five 10-lumen chips, they will rate it at 50 lumens. However, this is not accurate, as the design of an LED bulb does not get rid of heat fast enough to run the LEDs at maximum.

These "calculated" lumen ratings are much, much higher than the true, measured light output, so it will look like competitors' bulbs are brighter than ours. This is because Diode Dynamics does not provide inflated "calculated" numbers; we believe it is misleading. We test the actual brightness of the bulbs in our lab, to provide real lumen output measurements. Our measurements are accurate, but they are usually much lower than the misleading "calculated" figures.

Color: These LEDs are available in many crisp, bright colors. Cool white and warm white are the most popular colors, for a modern look, with maximum visible light.

You can also select blue, red, or amber to add a unique look to your interior. If you would like to mix and match colors, please go to the product selection page, and add each bulb to your cart individually. There is no difference in price compared to this pre-assembled kit.

All products by Diode Dynamics are backed by a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a three-year limited warranty.​

Fiesta ST LED Conversion Kit

Questions? Feel free to ask here, PM, email [email protected] or call us: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thank you!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wanted to give a quick review of your LED conversion kit.

I configured a custom kit on your web page with most of the bulbs being the stage 1 HP3 cool white bulbs. For the Trunk bulb, front Map Lights and Glove Box I went with the brighter HP5 bulbs also in cool white. All I can say is WOW, what a difference! I wasn't sure how accurately the photos here were going to reflect the change and if anything the bulbs are brighter than I expected (mostly in a good way!). I'm going to live with them for a bit but I may go back to the HP3 bulbs for the front Map Lights the HP5's are REALLY bright.

Installation wasn't to bad just a bit difficult to get to the original bulb in some places. Here's a post on here that really help with the Dome and Map lights, those are a bit of a mystery without this guide:

http://www.fiestast.org/forum/fiesta-st-electronics/3213-dome-light-led-replacement-guide.html

The trunk was easy as could be, the license plate was pretty easy too. The glove box was a bit hard to get at. You need to drop the glove box out then get on your back under the instrument panel to get that one out.

All in all a very worth wild change!

·
Vendor
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for taking the time to provide helpful user feedback @red-one!

I agree with your selections, the HP3's are perfect for most of the locations, but the trunk being a bigger location works best with an HP5. Solid choices!

Let us know if you'd like to exchange any HP3s for HP5's or vice versa. We make it extremely easy to exchange bulbs if you decide to go brighter or swap them out for something less bright

Nick C.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts