Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Lucky bastard! Looks like it was a blast, I'd love to get out on that track someday.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Freaking awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Looks like a fun track day, not too much traffic out there? It was like 15 here this morning, I want it to be track season, damnit!

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Jealous... super jealous. I drive Laguna all the time on simulators but I've never been there IRL yet. Nice wheels, btw. What wheel/tire size combo are you using?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wheels are Sparco Assetto 16x7
Tires are 225/45/16 Dunlop ZII's

I took some data logs and watched the Cobb AP throughout the sessions, found intake charge temps hover around 110-115 deg F with a max of 120, oil temps hover around 225-235 and maxed out at 240 deg F. I did get some negative ignition correction values, so I added in some 100 oct and it went away for the most part. I will post some logs later if people are interested.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looks like you were using the line really well there, been there before I take it:)

I have only done sims and watched races on that track, can't wait to drive it!

How did the 225 tires feel on the 7" rims? I am looking for 16x8's or even 8.5 as think I could get them under the car with rolled fenders, right offset, etc....

Thanks for posting, my favorite track of all time!

Rick

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like you were using the line really well there, been there before I take it:)

How did the 225 tires feel on the 7" rims? I am looking for 16x8's or even 8.5 as think I could get them under the car with rolled fenders, right offset, etc....
I have been to this track many times now in the past 7 years of racing... probably 12 times now. The 225's felt great on the car, if I were you though going to a 8" or 8.5" wide rim will greatly increase the effectiveness of the 225 width tires. I am stuck at 7" wide for SCCA street classing, but if I were going for straight performance a 8" wide would be the wheel I would buy.

If you liked the video, vote for my pic on this months "FiST of the Month" contest - vote here: http://www.fiestast.org/forum/fiesta-st-news/929-march-2014-fiesta-st-month-voting.html

·
Registered
361 Posts
Definitely jealous. And one thing I've come to love about my FiST is it reminds me of riding a 250cc motorcycle. Not the fastest thing out there, but you can flog it to the limits and have a blast. Maybe one day I'll get to take mine on VIR, since that's just a couple hours from me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts