Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new 2014 Fiesta ST and LOVE it. I haven't been driving it too hard but am a bit surprised I'm only getting 21 MPG around town! Has anyone else had such low mileage? Could there be something wrong with the car?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have a brand new 2014 Fiesta ST and LOVE it. I haven't been driving it too hard but am a bit surprised I'm only getting 21 MPG around town! Has anyone else had such low mileage? Could there be something wrong with the car?
What did you expect though to be honest? Its a fun car that you want to push and drive hard.

If you hyper mile you can get the advertised MPG's but that is no fun. Also your engine needs about 5-8,000 miles until you will get your full mileage capabilities. Just have fun. Don't get too wrapped up in the MPG's. If you do, you will soon realize you bought entirely the wrong car for that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I haven't been hyper milling, but i've been shifting at 2k and earlier, still haven't bettered 23mpg at 2k miles. It worries me.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got a bit over 30mpg, hand calculated, driving from Big Bear, CA to Phoenix, AZ. Car had about 500 miles on it when I started the trip. Cruise set at 75mph most of the trip with a couple "experimental" high speed bursts ?. pretty happy with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Rolling 30 avg on the little meter shifting before 3500 and easing onto the hi-way then cruise at 65 or so. last tank of gas I got 29.7 hand calculated and am running the Cobb 91 Octane tune with the best gas i can find a winter blend 93 octane BP. But if I get on it and drive it like It wants mpg take a dramatic drop to mid 20's LOL. Can wait till it warms up and we go to the track...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
120 Posts
21 in city driving is not abnormal for a car that's not broken in. I get 23-24 in pure city driving, and about 26-28 overall..

·
Registered
152 Posts
My last tank was 24.7, 70/30 city /hwy, with about an hour total of idling in the morning to warm the car up. 2500 miles on the car

·
Registered
575 Posts
I get around 27 avg with city driving and playing around too much. Mine has 5000 miles and fuel economy is way better now than before. I used to get 23 when new. Highway mpg at constant speed is awesome i did 41 mpg with cruise control set at 55mph

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm still getting at 27 to 30 mpg combined between tanks... depending on my driving habits. Even an hour and a haf on the dyno only dropped my current tank mpg to 26 mpg, now it's back up to 29.5

1 - 12 of 12 Posts