Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I noticed this noise the day after taking delivery of the vehicle. Finally managed to get it on video:

The vehicle is three months old with 4000km/s on the clock.
The noise is most noticable when you obtain clutch control and start to pull away from a stopped position. (As seen in the video)

There dosnt seem to be any lack of power. The car still pulls strong. The noise kinda sounds like air rushing through a manifold while the turbo spooling up.

My question to other MK7 Fiesta ST drivers is:
Does your car make the same noise & am I stressing for nothing? Or is there something wrong with my car?

Its strange because I have owned & driven other Turbo cars before (both petrol & diesel) and have never noticed a noise like this.

Thanks in advance ;)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sounds like your intake barely at the point of suction
I think you're completely fine. I'm pretty sure that's just induction noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
That my friend is induction noise at low RPM!!

Reactions: GhostWhite

·
Registered
374 Posts
My car makes this noise on part throttle. You can here it quite prominently in the cabin actually. I was wondering if it's to do with the sound symposer?

·
Registered
374 Posts
That my friend is induction noise at low RPM!!
For me it's really loud and towards the glove box area. Do you notice this as well?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Change out your stock air filter for the K&N high flow one and that noise gets better all the way through the rev range, and you get some tsssssss!! when you lift off! Find them on E-bay.
You are prob hearing it from your glove box region as your air intake is on that side.
Have you never been passed by an Evo or Wrx, they make that noise only louder, ever hear the sound of a drift car??

·
Registered
374 Posts
I know the external noise you're talking about but this sounds like it's inside the cabin. I still think it's like the sound symposer letting in a little bit of air or something. I notice this mainly creeping in 1st gear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same noise here. 3600 miles on the car and it's been there from day one. It's more noticeable inside the car than outside the car which makes me also think that it is being conducted in by the Sound Symposer. It sounds disturbingly like the howl from a failing bearing but it 's too easy to modulate the sound by manipulating the throttle (and no bearing has lost it's smoke or seized). MH

·
Registered
374 Posts
That's a no brainer. I should do this although now my mind is settled into believing that it is the symposer. I think it would be a good experiment.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'd need to cobble the bits together but it would be good to try. If I do try it I'll make a video.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It is not the sound symposer, jesus.. You arent going to get noise from the symposer at 5kmh in a parking garage. As others (that obviously have more knowledge than you) have stated, IT IS INTAKE NOISE.

·
Registered
374 Posts
We're just having a discussion yeah so why you getting all fired up man? I'm not an engineer and never claimed to be but maybe you don't have the noise I have? I can hear the intake spool from the engine bay as well. This noise is from INSIDE the cabin at low "on throttle" speed. Maybe it is induction noise through the firewall? The whirring noise sounds like its coming from inside my passenger side glove compartment. I hear it with both my SRI and the factory intake. It's less noticable the faster you go and obviously when you open up you really hear the symposer really kick in obviously. Maybe it's air weeping through the symposer and I have sensitive ears lol. It's subtle.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im not getting fired up.. you asked a question and have received the same answer over and over but refuse to accept it. If you know what it is, why ask? If you ask and it seems everyone has reached a consensus, chances are that it is correct. My question is, if the sound is coming from the interior on the passenger side, why would you record the sound coming from outside the car?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts