Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I took my bone-stock FiST to a very well-run SCCA double-PDX last weekend on the main circuit at Summit Point in West Virginia.

This is video compiled from gopro footage from all TEN 20-minute sessions. Near the end is a fun montage of me starting the videos.

I hope you like!

Chicane summed up the performance of the car quite well in his thread on the subject, but since it was my first track day (ever), I kept the Sport setting all weekend. The tires fared well, but after two days, the brakes were more than half gone. I will definitely need those new track pads before I sign up for another (July).

Like Chicane said, in sport mode you still feel like you're doing pretty well. It was great fun. Next time the traction control is coming off. There might be a considerable difference. My clean-track times were around 1:41 (in sport mode).

I bought the car for autocrossing, though. So stay tuned for autocross reports and updates all season.

Reactions: bufo

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
:Sigh: You car guys always tearing up Summit Main and getting it all dirty for us motorcycle guys! :cool: Just kidding, looking good!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow nice track...way to keep that bummer trailing behind you :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
The bimmer was slowing because the session had ended. I was just keeping up my speed to the start/finish paint, which was just ahead. The whole video is a hodgepodge - there could have been traffic ahead at any point, making it seem like I was faster or staying ahead of him. So I wouldn't take any of it seriously.

So in that spirit, yeah, I totally finished in front of that bimmer! :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice. I've done a bunch of track days on Main - only on two wheels. Might have to get the Fiesta out there now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice post. Thank you for mentioning me.

I was just at Summit Point Main this weekend Instructing for Audi Club. Actually, got home within the hour and am doing laundry, drinking beer and watching my Harry's Lap Timer Video (you know, the normal stuff).

Glad to see someone else has been there with an ST.

When I came off track there was always at least one person there waiting for a ride or to ask questions. It really is an attention getting little car.

I haven't watched your video yet, but it sounds like you did well.
I struggled again with grip from the OEM tires and my brakes (since I have done nothing to them, yet) weren't any better), but overall no complaints. I was playing in the Instructor group and it's fairly hardcore there. I was most interested in staying out of the way.
I think my best laptime was 1:33. It's not "fast", but nothing to be ashamed of on street tires while endeavoring to stay out of the way. On a clean track, with a concerted effort, with this exact setup, I think a 1:29 or so could be possible, but it would take tires and some better brake pads to dip farther into the 20's.

I am letting my iphone overlay the videos now. If I post another to youtube, I'll put a link here.

Congrats on getting on track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts