Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the rear seat do with car seats? I've got three little ones but usually haul 2, rarely 3. Any chance it can hold 2 boosters and a slim forward facing seat?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think maybe two. Your best bet is to take your hardware to a Ford lot and give it a go. They won't care. I took my racing helmet with me to see about clearance with the sunroof. hahaha

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think maybe two. Your best bet is to take your hardware to a Ford lot and give it a go. They won't care. I took my racing helmet with me to see about clearance with the sunroof. hahaha
I really wish you had a picture of yourself sitting behind the wheel of an un-delivered new car on a lot somewhere with a helmet on. Like a casual stig, basically.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I really wish you had a picture of yourself sitting behind the wheel of an un-delivered new car on a lot somewhere with a helmet on. Like a casual stig, basically.
The salesman was a young guy and thought it was cool. He asked me to wear it out of the showroom and to meet his manager in it. Great conversation starter about racing, tracks, auto-x and what cars can and can't do.

·
Registered
269 Posts
So you want to put seats 3 across? I highly doubt it. We have a baby on the way and I put a rear facing infant seat in and it took up half the middle seat when installed in either side seat. I think there's very little chance you could put any more than a booster and a rear facing seat.

With 3 kids in seats your options seem very limited outside of a minivan or 3-row SUV.

·
Registered
248 Posts
where theres a will theres a way, you can do it!
little bit of elbow grease and a can do attitude you'll be fine :p

i to wanted a baby seat in the back, and i put one in the back and its surprising how much room it takes up.
2 easily, but thrid might be a tight squeeze

·
Registered
81 Posts
2 boosters and a kid fit. I can attest to that. The Focus, FWIW, does not seat 3 car seats across either. It will be a tight squeeze for sure. if the rear facing car seat is anything like ours was when my kids were still in them.

The good news is, they are only rear facing for a little while.

·
Registered
300 Posts
My rear facing car seat only fits in the middle (it kinda jams between the two seats). I was at the dealer and test fitted the rear facing car seat with Recaros and it DID NOT fit (it's a Chicco Keyfit 30 that attaches to a base). I'm 5'11" and my wife is 5'7". So I ended up getting the normal cloth seats because of how bulky the Recaros were.

You can fit 2 people in the back with the rear facing car seat in the middle, but it's super tight, but it probably depends on how big the people are and how big your car seat is. I'll be happy when the kid upgrades to a forward facing seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts