Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove it for a total of about 10 days. Got hit HARD from behind today while sitting stopped in traffic. Unibody is toast. Knee airbag deployed.
Laying on the couch in a lot of pain wondering if the police have caught the guy who hit me (he fled the scene).
Do I order another one and spend the summer waiting? Wait a year to see if the RS materializes? Consider a FoST that are more easily available on dealer lots?
I'm really frustrated, just wanted to vent!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
773 Posts
Drove it for a total of about 10 days. Got hit HARD from behind today while sitting stopped in traffic. Unibody is toast. Knee airbag deployed.
Laying on the couch in a lot of pain wondering if the police have caught the guy who hit me (he fled the scene).
Do I order another one and spend the summer waiting? Wait a year to see if the RS materializes? Consider a FoST that are more easily available on dealer lots?
I'm really frustrated, just wanted to vent!

Dude sorry to hear!

I, personally, would get another FiST. I think it will be a future classic someday. It has been ranted and raved about. Everyone who has driven both says the FiST is better. If it is any consolation, my g/f and I just ordered ours last Monday and were told the 15's would be arriving in July.

I doubt the RS will come. If it does, not likely we will get it in Canada.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thanks. I'm having mixed feelings on what I want to do at this point. I got this one exactly how I wanted it. Feels strange for some reason to order it all over again.
Where are you from? I think you said it before, but I don't remember.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I work in Oakville. This was at QEW/Burloak.
Super unfortunate man. Glad that you are at least able to walk away from it. I just know that there is a White FiST that is always at my neighbours place in Burlington parked on the road. I have only seen 2 other FiST's on the road.

Think of it this way, if you get a 15' FiST, the $400 cheaper that it is, gives you an excuse to get a CAI or Accessport ahha!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: canadian_commerce

·
Registered
773 Posts
I like how you think! You never got a chance to see me, literally drove it to work 7 times.
May sound a bit stupid but, was the car that hit you a nice car at least? Or did it look worse than yours? Im not going to lie, I would probably have had one of two reactions if this happened to me. Cry...or freak out on the person...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Dang you got rear ended and the person kept going? Wondering what kind of car it was. Glad you ok which is more important.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
May sound a bit stupid but, was the car that hit you a nice car at least? Or did it look worse than yours? Im not going to lie, I would probably have had one of two reactions if this happened to me. Cry...or freak out on the person...
The witness(es) told the police it was a BMW. I don't think that it was, but all I saw was a smashed front end. When he started to take off all I could focus on was getting his license plate number.
The impact left me a little stunned. My ST had been lifted and almost rotated sideways in the road, my horn was blaring, my mouth was full of "stuff" from the airbag deploying and my knees felt like they were burning (knee airbag deployed). The car was somehow running but making a really strange fluttering sound as the revs went up and down.
I shut the car off and did a quick self check for blood and made sure nothing felt broken. At the time the only pain I was feeling was in my neck muscles behind my ears (unfortunately the pain began to spread into my back and arms shortly afterwards).
I called 911 to report the hit and run. My car was pushed into a vehicle ahead of me so I wasn't sure if anyone else was hurt.
When I was able to safely get out of my car I went and checked on the driver ahead of me. She was fine and on her phone reporting the hit and run as well. Police and ambulance arrived incredibly fast. Those guys really are awesome. The EMTs took me into the ambulance to check me out. It was while I sat there getting examined that I really started to reflect on what happened.
As a dad I was happy that my kids weren't in the car with me. As a car guy I was growing curious what the extent of damage was to my ST (I didn't examine it until after the EMT check up). As a guy I was frustrated that there are scumbags out there that will knowingly hurt people and just leave. I struggle to comprehend that there are people wired that way.
When the police officer told me they had found a VIN number on a piece of his car stuck to the back of the ST, I looked at the EMT guys and we all just smiled and laughed. It somehow relieved a lot of the stress I was beginning to feel about him taking off. I think karma is real...

1 - 20 of 104 Posts