Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is already something online specifically for the FiST and FoST, and perhaps other performance ford sport compacts of older generations. Back when i had the mustang, i could always go to americanmuscle.com for parts specialized for my car.

Reason i'm asking is mainly for winter wheels/ tires. I made the mistake of going with tire rack for such back in the boss 302 days and they sent me wheels/tires that fit, but wheel lugs that eventually messed up the threads on the hub. I just wouldn't go there again if i had a specialized car like the boss, but maybe the ST's are pretty unique as well? I'de like to go to an online store and just buy winter wheels/tires that enthusiasts who run the place know match the car i'm driving and not a generalized store like tire rack.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If your looking for performance mods, FSWerks is your best bet for both. Wheels/tires you'll have to shop around as 4/5x108 aren't the most common lug patterns.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link...this is bringing back the good ole days of a civic Si. I wonder if FSWerks has direct deposit... :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tirerack has lots of wheel options.
Yea, i kinda got burned with them since the boss 302. Their customer service told me it was the right lugs...which eventually led to one of the pegs being broken off. :/

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yea, i kinda got burned with them since the boss 302. Their customer service told me it was the right lugs...which eventually led to one of the pegs being broken off. :/
I usually only use OEM lugs. You would be surprised how poor quality even some more expensive aftermarket lugs can be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
FSWerks is good. Perfect Circle Autosports is a dealer for Team Dynamics and have a few choices for 4x108 wheels.

As far as the lugs...well the thread pattern is the thread pattern. You should be able to test the thread and pitch, and when you order lugs online it should have its specs listed. Maybe the Boss 302 wheels are different? Could just be a conical seat vs ball shaped?

I usually only use OEM lugs. You would be surprised how poor quality even some more expensive aftermarket lugs can be.
Typically OEM lugs won't work with aftermarket wheels because the lugs usually have to fit in a much tighter space and have a different shaped seat for the lugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts