Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First Oil Change, took the opportunity to take a few pics while it was on the lift.

NOTE: If you are changing the oil filter for the first time, make sure you have a filter wrench! I was not able to turn the factory installed oil filter by hand.

After a good wash...

OE Exhaust Routing

Engine Bay

Driver Side Cold Pipe

Passenger Side Hot Pipe

Front Suspension

Exhaust Side

Intake Side

Engine Bay from Mid-Ship

·
Registered
248 Posts
awesome pictures man!
for people like me that have read about cold side loose clamps, or haven't done an oil change yet, pics help give me a visual so i'm not totally carfuffled when finally hoist her up and get to work
cheers!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks! I have been wanting to get under my car since the day i got it but its too damn cold. At least i can see what I am dealing with now.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I really don't like how the drive shafts corrode on this vehicle, it looks slack. Poor effort by Ford here.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really don't like how the drive shafts corrode on this vehicle, it looks slack. Poor effort by Ford here.
If you think that is bad, you should see the ENTIRE REAR AXLE of the 2011+ Mustangs.

...but yes, I agree with you. Even a quick clear coat would have at least allowed it to stay clean for the first 6 months.

The brake caliper brackets are exposed steel, too...and yes, they are already rust colored.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to add this to the top of the thread, too...

If you are changing the oil filter for the first time, make sure you have a filter wrench! I was not able to turn the factory installed oil filter by hand.

·
Registered
24 Posts
awesome pictures man!
for people like me that have read about cold side loose clamps, or haven't done an oil change yet, pics help give me a visual so i'm not totally carfuffled when finally hoist her up and get to work
cheers!
no kidding, a whole thread dedicated to it with tons of posts and not one person has posted a pic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts