Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this weekend I took a trip from Orlando to West Palm beach...just under 200 miles there and 200 back. On my way back to Orlando from Palm Beach yesterday I had about a half tank of gas and wanted to top it off. So i stopped at a BP and got 93oct gas. All well and dandy. Almost every time I fill her up with gas as soon as I start driving the car acts like it wants to stall out at the light and the RPMs drop then goes back to normal. But yesterday, after filling her up, the car completely stalled out!

I have been noticing rough idle and RMP drops the entire weekend while doing city driving but never had the car completely shut off on me. I've also been using 93oct gas always and have carefully followed the engine break-in process. Car has injen intake, was running Economy map v103, and has COBB RMM.

I have noticed the RPM issue and rough idle since the first time I put gas in it after buying it when it was completely stock. But never had the thing stall out on me at a stop light.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this or experience the same symptoms?

I have an appointment already scheduled for 8/7/14 for my clutch issue but wanted to ask on here and see what people think. It really stinks how a new car with under 7k miles just randomly turns off on me. Makes me worry.

·
Registered
314 Posts
First thing I suggest is uninstalling the AP to see if it resolves anything. Might want to read any codes before removal though.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's a known issue with capless fuel tank. You're suppose to leave the nozzle in the tube after it stops filling for about 5-10 seconds before you slowly take it out. Page 121 of the manual. This happened to me once when I took out the nozzle too quickly. I've been conscious of this and hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
If I recall there were some thst had to go to the dealer to get one of the evap solenoids fixed or something like that

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea...I've definitely tried uninstalling AP before and does the same thing. Will need to try the whole leave the pump in an additional 5-10 seconds after fill up to see if that helps...Had no idea that this was a known issue though. Can't believe that such a new vehicle would have such oddities. Kind of annoying to be honest.

·
Registered
305 Posts
So this weekend I took a trip from Orlando to West Palm beach...just under 200 miles there and 200 back. On my way back to Orlando from Palm Beach yesterday I had about a half tank of gas and wanted to top it off. So i stopped at a BP and got 93oct gas. All well and dandy. Almost every time I fill her up with gas as soon as I start driving the car acts like it wants to stall out at the light and the RPMs drop then goes back to normal. But yesterday, after filling her up, the car completely stalled out! ...
I'm working on your case for the clutch, and I'll add this to it.

Meagan

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's a known issue with capless fuel tank. You're suppose to leave the nozzle in the tube after it stops filling for about 5-10 seconds before you slowly take it out. Page 121 of the manual. This happened to me once when I took out the nozzle too quickly. I've been conscious of this and hasn't happened since.
Whenever I fill up I make sure to leave the fuel nozzle in the tube for quite a bit of time, and shake it to boot. I've never experienced this problem but have always been paranoid about dripping fuel down the body of the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My car has also been doing this. I'm running a Cobb stage 1 tune with an RMM. I am almost certain the RMM is not involved with the issue and upon uninstalling the tune, the issue completely goes away. It has turned off on me once before as well at a light.

I am really at a loss at fixing the problem. I am almost certain it is involved with the Cobb tune but don't want to remove the tune entirely so I have just been dealing with it. What is weird is it only happens after a full fill of the tank. Once the tank drops to half or less the issue vanishes entirely. Once I fill up again, the issue returns.

Without the tune, no problem, and that's whether I leave the nozzle in or remove it almost immediately after filling up.

Would love to find a solution to this. I find myself having to rev the engine a little whenever I come to a stop after filling up and the following couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had to deal with this you will eventually throw a p1450 code if it gets worse. Its the fuel evap system not being able to vent. Dealer replaced the tube/relay under warranty. Mine got to the point of throwing the code and dying a few times after pushing in the clutch while driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dealer today said they couldn't reproduce the problem. I even have video of the RPMs dropping while idle. $150 down the drain and they said the purge valve near the gas filler should be replaced since it was covered in spiderwebs, and would cause similar symptoms. Is the evap purge hose that Whoosh sells the same evap purge hose that other people have been using to fix this issue? Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts