Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raced my buddies 2014 FoST tonight.

Off the line I get him, but between me having to shift more and the turbo lag, by 3rd gear he was pulling away.
I think had I FFS I would have hung dead even, or maybe if I had an exhaust to get some quicker spool. We both agree that after I install my AP I'll probably pull him or at the very least hang with him.

Even though I lost, I was surprised at how well this little 1.6 stacked up to its bigger brother.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: Pelotonracer2

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: ST_Rocky

·
Registered
923 Posts
Everyone buys a car for different reasons. It's subjective. I bought the FiST for many reasons, including for it's acceleration (potential). I like the way it handles too. It's also practical, cheap to own (although my insurance increased over my '11 MS3), get's great fuel economy and can even do the urban daily driver role. I know it's not a "drag car" per say but with a proper set up could be made to fly down the 1/4 mile. Sure there are better starting platforms, but how many new cars would be better at this price point? Basically the FiST does a lot of things REALLY well. It's a great street car and that's where I will drive it 99.5% of the time. Anything I do to it in the way of modifications, will be done to improve THAT experience. Just my 2 cents on that. :) As far as the FoST v.s. FiST, I sold my MS3 for all the same reasons I would not buy a FoST (trust me, a few dealers tried to get me into a FoST). The MS3/FoST are very very similar in MOST ways and could not be more different than the FiST. The FiST is a better car for what I will be using it for, over the next 38 months.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The only way I would choose a FoST over a FiST if it came in 3door...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
What if... Ford decides to release a 3 door FiST? Will you trade for that? As for the FiST v.s. FoST, there's just something about a light weight car with 123hp per liter (Think Lotus Elise). Unfortunately the new Focus isn't like the old Focus (it weighs a lot more). One of the reasons I loved the Focus SVT so much.

Reactions: __V__

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I probably would not trade for a 3door FiST unless many things has improved in departments other than performance. The FoST seems to be more of a quality built car but I hate its long size and yes weight also which is one of the reasons I went with the baby brother.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I probably would not trade for a 3door FiST unless many things has improved in departments other than performance. The FoST seems to be more of a quality built car but I hate its long size and yes weight also which is one of the reasons I went with the baby brother.

I won't because I have kids. If they up the power, add HIDs and other options I might get another one when my lease ends. But that's assuming they are still making the Fiesta ST then. The Focus SVT only last 3 years so who knows.

·
Registered
490 Posts
What if... Ford decides to release a 3 door FiST? Will you trade for that? As for the FiST v.s. FoST, there's just something about a light weight car with 123hp per liter (Think Lotus Elise). Unfortunately the new Focus isn't like the old Focus (it weighs a lot more). One of the reasons I loved the Focus SVT so much.

But they have. Only the US get the 5 door FiST.

·
Registered
923 Posts
But they have. Only the US get the 5 door FiST.
Yeah yeah, not in New York or Texas where we are from. heh. I meant here in the states. :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Over in Australia, I actually had this comparison dilemma. The Fiesta won over the Focus in the end actually due to nostalgia as I used to have a 2 door fast shoebox of a hatch and I loved it but was too old (1995 Suzuki Swift GTi) and ended up getting written off in an accident. Also, the price gap between the two cars was a huge benefit too and I didn't need Reverse Camera or Satnav that the Focus had. Would have been nice but for the price I'm happy with my decision. Biggest thing I'll miss not having is the Factory HID lights as I think they're fantastic for vision and looks but I will put my own kit in.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've liked small cars and always have. I used to drive a ZX3 and really liked that size/form factor. The new Focus is a lot bigger, but the Fiesta is almost the same size as that first-gen Focus.

Plus, the Focus' steering wheel has too many damn buttons.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I've liked small cars and always have. I used to drive a ZX3 and really liked that size/form factor. The new Focus is a lot bigger, but the Fiesta is almost the same size as that first-gen Focus.

Plus, the Focus' steering wheel has too many damn buttons.
The new Focus was too much of a departure from the old ZX3 Focus. A couple of dealerships tried (in vain) to get me into a Focus ST when they didn't have a Fiesta ST I wanted. I'd just point outside to my 2011 victory red Mazdaspeed 3 and say "Why would I want a Focus ST?? There's my Focus ST right out there!". You would be surprised at how similar both those cars are. I wanted a smaller car, lower car payment and less insurance premiums than what I already had. I couldn't be happier with the FiST. It meets or exceeds all my expectations and then some! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I totally agree with the better gas mileage and lower insurance premiums. 2013s focus may be similar in pricing to the Fiesta right now but long term costs to keep the two vehicles in the road will be huge in the long run.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.