Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went to a normal Saturday carshow where about 300 people gather. No entry fee just a huge Saturday night show in phx az. There was about 10 focus st's out there. I decided to wait 20 min until a car moved to park next to them. I got parked and went up to all the guys chit chatting and introduced myself and they didn't give me the time of day cause I drove a FIST. They were laughing about it as I walked away. anyone deal with same thing or now why they were to cool for a FIST?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
946 Posts
Funny bc the FiST seems to be getting all the praise and put up against much more stout competition whereas you dont hear much publicity on the FoST. Not to say the focus isn't a nice or impressive car, but they're probably being elitist **** like the car scene seems to be trending towards.

·
Registered
15 Posts
To each their own I guess. The FiST is currently in the spotlight, even with less horsepower and a similar price point, so I'm guessing there is some animosity. Being on a tight budget for several years I avoided the new car scene and automotive reviews, but the FiST was so compelling I finally conceited and put down the cash. Couldn't be happier. In sure to someone who is already in the FoST, it would seem our sub compact is a downgrade, but in betting they haven't given one a test drive. The Focus deserves plenty of praise, but there is no need for elitism.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
I decided to wait 20 min until a car moved to park next to them. I got parked and went up to all the guys chit chatting and introduced myself
This seemingly desperate act of approval is why they were snubbing you. Don't try so hard next time to force your way into their group and you might find a few of the "Focus ST people" would be interested in talking to you about your FiST.
Remember that most of the people at that show either already knew each other, or wanted to speak to owners of the same car to share advice. They weren't there to meet random dudes.
You're also going to have to accept that while we all get what makes the FiST great, it's just a cheap little beater to the rest of the world.

·
Registered
946 Posts
This seemingly desperate act of approval is why they were snubbing you. Don't try so hard next time to force your way into their group and you might find a few of the "Focus ST people" would be interested in talking to you about your FiST.
Remember that most of the people at that show either already knew each other, or wanted to speak to owners of the same car to share advice. They weren't there to meet random dudes.
You're also going to have to accept that while we all get what makes the FiST great, it's just a cheap little beater to the rest of the world.
Eh yes and no, I know 10 years ago when I was constantly at our Friday/Saturday night local car meets people would roll up all the time and just start bs' ing. Can't tell ya how many good friends I have now bc some random dude came up and started talking about cars etc in a random McDonald's parking lot lol. That and I've always been into mustangs, usually there's a "comrade" amongst vehicle owners and it was always apparent at the lot. You'd see all the chevelles parked together, the mopar queers :)P) hanging in another corner etc. As long as you weren't a straight up creep and weird all was good lol. Anyways, rant over!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that's how it was with my gto. Showed up. All the goat guys wanted to talk and hang out. Then it was a good time and some good friend. It was different with last night.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: Pelotonracer2

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's just human nature...herd mentality, a bit of elitism, "mine's better (bigger?) than yours", on-and-on. It's always been that way...over the years, I've seen it in spades with motorcyclists. For example...Riders of Sportsters vs big Harley's (even though a stock 1200 Sporty will run circles around the stock bigger Harley's), or BMW's vs anything else or Japanese bikes vs anything else. The same thing happens with the car scene...just look at the silliness over at the Corvette vs Porsche camps. Just know it's just human nature and have fun in spite of it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I agree with all you guys. It's anywhere you go. Definitely the corvette guys I agree they think there shit don't stink but the vette is a bad car. I'm waiting on my fiestast stickers to come from this forum so I can rep. Don't get me wrong. I'm only 20 and when I pulled up there was a few subi guys and gti guys that were near us and they wanted to check it put ask me question yadda yadda. I just think I must be the only one in pheonix to have one of these cars. I have not seen one other at dealerships or driving so people think it's cool specially when I showed up to the show with my FSWERKS intake and that heard the turbo sneeze. They prolly said what the F*** lol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So went to a normal Saturday carshow where about 300 people gather. No entry fee just a huge Saturday night show in phx az. There was about 10 focus st's out there. I decided to wait 20 min until a car moved to park next to them. I got parked and went up to all the guys chit chatting and introduced myself and they didn't give me the time of day cause I drove a FIST. They were laughing about it as I walked away. anyone deal with same thing or now why they were to cool for a FIST?

Some of the FoST people are butthurt over our cars I think. They were like the first born child getting all the attention, but not the case anymore. I mean it wouldn't bother me any, mind you I'm a huge fanboy of the FoST. It should be a Ford family type deal, but like others said it could just be those specific guys.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I tend to think that people who go to these parking lot car shows are pretty lame. This is just another data point proving my thesis statement. Don't waste your time parking, go find an Auto-X or HPDE and enjoy your car.
this!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I tend to think that people who go to these parking lot car shows are pretty lame. This is just another data point proving my thesis statement. Don't waste your time parking, go find an Auto-X or HPDE and enjoy your car.
I agree in that most people that go to "Car Shows" with there cars never really use them.. My case in point is the local Mustang Club had more than a few members that would not show if there was a change of rain and got off on brgging about how their car had NEVER seen rain or bad weather.. To me thats just silly making a garage queen for someone else to flog after you are rid of it.. But thats just me I buy my "sheet" to use up and move on to the next "Hot Ticket" lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: stuntdoogie

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree in that most people that go to "Car Shows" with there cars never really use them.. My case in point is the local Mustang Club had more than a few members that would not show if there was a change of rain and got off on brgging about how their car had NEVER seen rain or bad weather.. To me thats just silly making a garage queen for someone else to flog after you are rid of it.. But thats just me I buy my "sheet" to use up and move on to the next "Hot Ticket" lol
Those guys do crack me up, especially a mustang. Nothing against mustangs, but it isn't like the thing is some rare exotic.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Those guys do crack me up, especially a mustang. Nothing against mustangs, but it isn't like the thing is some rare exotic.
I can understand both sides, bc I'm like that. Yes a car is meant to be driven, and a "normal" car will be. Hell I drove my 400rwhp '12 mustang on blizzaks through winter lol. But with that said, my "drag" car sure as hell doesn't make its way out in the rain, bc its just not setup for that, and I dont wanna get it dirty.. I'm OCD with that car, have a TON of hours in the shaved engine bay, the suspension is all powder coated etc etc. Why take it out in shit weather just to spend X amount of hours cleaning the thing again? No mustangs are not exotics, but there are quite a few that are very rare, and collectables, so again why diminish the value just to drive it in crap weather? Sure wouldn't catch me driving a 93 Cobra R (107 made), or an 00 Cobra R (300 made, tons wrecked on courses) in bad weather.

Just my .02

·
Registered
162 Posts
Most car people are nice, down to earth folks who appreciate what the Fiesta ST (and Focus ST, for that matter) represent. But then there's a bunch of dicks who ruin it for everyone else. ;)

I have seem some elitism/anti FiST topics on the Focus forums, but most people I know that own the Focus ST have begged me to drive my car.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts