85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say, the kids in the back seat faired pretty well:

What do you think??

PS: Hey look ....paragraphs :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yeah, my outgoing Mazdaspeed 3 had poor rear crash test ratings...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't put too much stock in the video above. It is for Latin America (Latin NCAP). The cars built in Mexico are for a variety of markets and the US versions are different from the others - especially in regard to safety features (some deleted in other markets).

I couldn't find a direct test result for the 2014 Fiesta at the NHTSA (National Traffic Highway Safety Administration) website regarding a US NCAP (new car assessment program) crash test. But here are some safety ratings for the US model:

2011 & Newer - Search Results | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

www.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Ford_Fiesta/Safety/

2013 Ford Fiesta 4 DR FWD | Safercar -- NHTSA

Wish I could find the test results to find out why the car only got 4 out of 5 stars for the frontal crash portion. I did see one site that showed the driver (male) rated at 5 out of 5 stars while the passenger (female) was rated at 4 of 5.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Don't put too much stock in the video above. It is for Latin America (Latin NCAP). The cars built in Mexico are for a variety of markets and the US versions are different from the others - especially in regard to safety features (some deleted in other markets).

I couldn't find a direct test result for the 2014 Fiesta at the NHTSA (National Traffic Highway Safety Administration) website regarding a US NCAP (new car assessment program) crash test. But here are some safety ratings for the US model:

2011 & Newer - Search Results | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

www.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Ford_Fiesta/Safety/

2013 Ford Fiesta 4 DR FWD | Safercar -- NHTSA

Wish I could find the test results to find out why the car only got 4 out of 5 stars for the frontal crash portion. I did see one site that showed the driver (male) rated at 5 out of 5 stars while the passenger (female) was rated at 4 of 5.
Interesting, thanks for the info. I have two relatively small children who sit in the back seat.

·
Banned
1 Posts
The Fiesta is unchanged from the previous vehicle in any way that would influence its results in the frontal impact test. Accordingly, the results of that test have been used in the current assessment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts