Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 2017 fiesta st still under warranty, Their has always been a issue when I get into my car and things fall out of my pocket and into my hand break compartment. Recently I lost my key inside the hand break compartment and contacted ford for a retrieval of my key. They are wanting to charge me for the time that it takes ! Firstly this is a flaw on fords behalf why should it be at my expense? Just wanting to know if anyone else has had this issue before and how did you go by retrieving the stuff inside the black hole. Note I'm not paying ford anything since this is not the first time arguing with their service department.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi guys I have a 2017 fiesta st still under warranty, Their has always been a issue when I get into my car and things fall out of my pocket and into my hand break compartment. Recently I lost my key inside the hand break compartment and contacted ford for a retrieval of my key. They are wanting to charge me for the time that it takes ! Firstly this is a flaw on fords behalf why should it be at my expense? Just wanting to know if anyone else has had this issue before and how did you go by retrieving the stuff inside the black hole. Note I'm not paying ford anything since this is not the first time arguing with their service department.
Try emptying your pockets before getting in the car! I do and have never had a problem! If you pick fights with the service dept, you are the one causing the problem. My service advisors are the best I've ever dealt with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 1st drama with my new 2014 st was parking at grand kids school & not being able to find the key! I knew it was inside the car, but had to leave it unlocked & able to be driven away while I went to kids assembly! Funny now!
Later at home, I searched with a torch & saw it in the handbrake black hole.
I made a wire hook and fished it out.
Of course with modern cars black interiors I often loose mobile phones glasses etc!
The performance & handling are a hoot!
Cheers David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the same thing but I cannot see the key at all now, just a bit annoyed ford has the cheek to charge me for a default on their behalf..

·
Registered
48 Posts
the dealer will charge you to take out the center console because its pretty complicated, but the first 3 minutes of this video shows you how to do it:

this may help in the future:

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I got my 2014, I was showing it to my wife. She pulled out the SD card in the console, and fumbled it in to the black hole. I just removed the two rear bolts, and was able to raise it enough to fish it out. No need to take the whole console out. I don't think I removed the front side panels, but it was a long time ago, and I don't really remember. No way would I take such a simple thing to a dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts