Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I'm excited to say that Kim and I have joined this forum to provide support for SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and SYNC 3. I'll be your primary IVT rep, but Kim will also jump in from time to time. We'll be lurking and learning the forum over the next few days, as well as jumping in to answer any questions you may be asking. In the meantime, shoot us a PM or tag us in a post if you need assistance or have any questions. :)

Rebecca

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome glad to hear you

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the forum @FordIVTteam / Rebecca :)

Quick question when is SYNC going to work correctly with iphones? I asked the dealerships in Australia and the all say the same line " no clue it was meant to be fixed ?" I would love to be able to get text messages when I am on the road for work, the cars have had this system for 3-4 years now yet still not working with the most popular brand on the market :(

·
Registered
427 Posts
Will there be updates for ST's with the original Sync system And what updates can I access now. I notice a lot of bugs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The oil monitoring system still does not work.Any updates?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am curious why I was able to receive text messages through sync/mft a week ago, and now with the most recent sync update, my iphone 6 is not compatible. It worked quite well before the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure you are going to get a lot of questions.

Here's mine:

Even though all my music is numbered sequentially by Track Number then Name (i.e. 01 Song Name, 02 Song Name, etc...) Sync still insists on playing many of my Albums alphabetically. Very frustrating on a system that I am otherwise generally happy with.

·
Registered
275 Posts

Here's mine:

Even though all my music is numbered sequentially by Track Number then Name (i.e. 01 Song Name, 02 Song Name, etc...) Sync still insists on playing many of my Albums alphabetically. Very frustrating on a system that I am otherwise generally happy with.
Sync uses the tags within the file. You need to check that the track number tag is set. There are a number of tools such as mp3tag or tag and rename which can quickly generate this for you if they're not set.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad to be here. :)

Welcome to the forum @FordIVTteam / Rebecca :)

Quick question when is SYNC going to work correctly with iphones? I asked the dealerships in Australia and the all say the same line " no clue it was meant to be fixed ?" I would love to be able to get text messages when I am on the road for work, the cars have had this system for 3-4 years now yet still not working with the most popular brand on the market :(
Will there be updates for ST's with the original Sync system And what updates can I access now. I notice a lot of bugs.
Hi riluo and Savant,

I'm only trained on North American vehicles, but have you tried contacting your local Customer Relationship Center? If not, here's a link to their contact information:

https://www.ford.com.au/contact-us

The oil monitoring system still does not work.Any updates?
Hello DrSparky,

The oil monitoring system is a little out of my scope. Have you tried asking FordService about this? They'll be able to help:

http://www.fiestast.org/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=1190

I am curious why I was able to receive text messages through sync/mft a week ago, and now with the most recent sync update, my iphone 6 is not compatible. It worked quite well before the update.

Hi JustinP,

After the update, did you turn SHOW NOTIFICATIONS back on in your iPhone?

Here's mine:

Hey NoRomBasic,

Like lordsnipe stated, SYNC uses tags/metadata for this. You'll want to find a program that will allow you to change and/or add this information to your music files. After that, you should be good to go!

I hope everyone had an excellent weekend!

Rebecca

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad to be here. :)

Hi riluo and Savant,

I'm only trained on North American vehicles, but have you tried contacting your local Customer Relationship Center? If not, here's a link to their contact information:

https://www.ford.com.au/contact-us

Sadly yes and they are unable to explain the issue or lack of updates to correct the company oversight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks so much. I completely forgot to turn that back on. Works fine now. I really appreciate it.

You're very welcome! :)

Sadly yes and they are unable to explain the issue or lack of updates to correct the company oversight.
I wish I could be of more assistance, but since I don't know all the ins and outs of your system, they're better equipped to help.

Rebecca

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
any support for adding rear view camera to our cars or reflashing to enable global auto-down windows?

i heard that our system is Windows CE and that the MFT graphic user interface is HTML like a webpage, can you confirm/deny this

additionally, the real time traffic system does not seem to work very well. is there something I can do to ensure my system retrieves data ASAP like maybe linking to CHP Traffic (they have an APP) to pull sigalert data.

how does the system pull data from elsewhere?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey NoRomBasic,

Like lordsnipe stated, SYNC uses tags/metadata for this. You'll want to find a program that will allow you to change and/or add this information to your music files. After that, you should be good to go!

I hope everyone had an excellent weekend!

Rebecca
Thanks, I appreciate the update and while what you say technically makes sense, editing about 10k WMA files to add tags when they play perfectly fine on every other device I use is a little disappointing.

Still, it's nice to have you on the boards.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate the update and while what you say technically makes sense, editing about 10k WMA files to add tags when they play perfectly fine on every other device I use is a little disappointing.

Still, it's nice to have you on the boards.
Using mp3tag, it's a few click operation to generate track numbers which reset on each folder.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts