1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Fiesta RS

6 Speed Manual
AWD
2.3 eco boost twin scroll turbo (300-360 HP)
$31-33k MSRP
Aggressive body kit
3 Door Hatch ONLY! We don't want your 5 door.
no greater than 2850 lbs.

DOOOO EEEEEEET!

·
Registered
490 Posts
There wont be an RS. The pic above was from an Autoexpress article. If you believe anything they print, you migh as well beliegve Bugs Bunny.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
773 Posts
I don't see them bringing the rs to the US, especially since the sales of the ST have been pretty poor.
If they are going to make an RS, it will have to come over if they want to keep with the theme of One Ford. That is the whole reason we got the FiST in the first place.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would very much like ford to make an AWD focus or fiesta RS. Hell even a RWD sedan with a 5.0 would make me lose my mind.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I would very much like ford to make an AWD focus or fiesta RS. Hell even a RWD sedan with a 5.0 would make me lose my mind.
Back in the day a few companies had V8 kits for the Focus

Reactions: watchman1928

·
Registered
728 Posts
You can buy a RS Fiesta here, but I think it's a bit more than 35k -

Car
You beat me to it! Was going to say Contact Malcom Wilson of M Sport!
Was looking at highlights from the WRC in Portugal this weekend and noted that the WRC fiesta is based on the Mk7 fiesta pre facelift. However in the WRC2 category there is a couple of newer fiestas that have the same front end as the ST, but have RS badge on grille instead of ST.
The current range of WRC fiestas are not factory run, or built. Ford pulled there factory team from WRC at end of 2012. Current ford WRC team is run by Malcom Wilson who ran the factory team for years.
All previous RS models produced by Ford had a direct factory link to WRC, so No WRC team = No RS

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
So this has spiked my intrest and this is what I've found:
The WRC2 car bearing the RS badge on the ST grille is known as a Fiesta R5. Built by M.Sport in the UK, and will run you about €180000. It's a rally car but technically it's still street legal! It's got a 1.6l turbo, same as ours, but AWD, can't find any hp or torque figures though. The kit looks like new front and rear bumper, new front wings and skirts that runs up into rear arches + spoiler.
It's a 3 door model so some work would be needed to fit the 5dr. But that and some perfomance mods and you could have your own!!
Here's some pics, the arches look a bit rough but that's prob cause it's for rallying and will be wrapped!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
Honestly as much as I would love an Fiesta RS, there is just not a market in the US at least for a $45K-50K sub-compact hot hatch

·
Registered
253 Posts
The concept of the car is awesome. The issue is that in reality you are talking around 40k, over 3000 lbs, and just over 300hp. For something that is still a shitbox with a bad ass drivetrain. I agree it wont sell in the states. If it did it would most likely be in northern states and stealing mustang sales.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think a Focus RS would be perfect as a competitor for the STI/Golf R.
I don't. It would be a good option, but lacks AWD so that will be a big sell to a lot of northern people.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts