Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I've had to perform a complete system reset on my Ford Sync twice in less than two months. This is the only way I've found to get the voice commands to become operational again. For some unknown reason, and apparently at somewhat random intervals, the steering wheel button that prompts for voice commands stops responding. That is, I push the button and the tone and female voice are absent; the LCD still displays the available commands, but the system won't respond to any voice commands. Once I perform a complete system reset, everything operates as it is suppose to. Of course, I have to pair my phone to the system again, and irritatingly, I lose all of my SiriusXM presets. Has anyone else had an issue like this? Any suggestions? I have an SD card with MP3 files and an iPod attached through the USB, along with the iPhone. Although I find voice commands a little gimmicky, it's really the best way to navigate the various sources as the buttons on the LCD are hard to hit while traveling at speed; many of the buttons are so small.

Thanks in advance,

Truax

·
Registered
369 Posts
Did you perform the system update? When I picked up my car there was an update that greatly impoved sync performance.

·
Registered
161 Posts
how would someone go about doing the update?
and do we have to be connected to wifi?
Login to syncmyride.com and follow the instructions. You will need a USB flashdrive to perform the operation. It's fairly simple.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I see your point but there is also a responsibility on Apple to make sure that their software updates do not render the functionality they partner with ie. Ford Sync useless. That's why they carry out beta testing in advance with major partners including Ford.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I see your point but there is also a responsibility on Apple to make sure that their software updates do not render the functionality they partner with ie. Ford Sync useless. That's why they carry out beta testing in advance with major partners including Ford.
I don't want to start a rant on the Sync issues or even Apple, but I have had 4 Ford products with Sync and 2 of those were horrible...they just failed all the time. Ford and my dealer were clueless on how to address...at times they argued about the issues and possible solutions. I sold one of the vehicles and still have one (a truck that I can use buttons to avoid the Sync/MFT issues). As for Apple issues, I have had feedback from my son (who works for Apple) that Ford Tech always receives beta versions of the iOS. Ford is just slow in validating and making updates to the Sync/MFT OS. Note, I have seen the same issues that many discuss as unique to iPhones, but my experience is similar on my Blackberry and LG phones. Follow some of the threads on the referenced Syncmyride community website that discuss these issues...some of which reveal Ford's reluctance to update their platform to accommodate changes in our phones. It seems there is a growing problem with those Samsung phones. I guess my point is there are 2 sides to every story...Ford needs to move to a platform that lets your phone manage the interface if you want a system...just my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts