Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the purpose of the SD card that I have with my FiST? What can I put on it and transfer to my ford touch?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine stores the maps for my navigation I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok, do you know if I can add anything to the SD card from my computer or anything.to make the infotainment system better?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I know you can play music off a flash drive. And pull pictures off a flash drive (certain resolution pictures) for your wallpaper. I don't think you can put stuff onto (or take stuff off of) the ford SD card. It's probably protected. I'm sure you can play music off a different SD card. But I'm not 100%.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know you can play music off a flash drive. And pull pictures off a flash drive (certain resolution pictures) for your wallpaper. I don't think you can put stuff onto (or take stuff off of) the ford SD card. It's probably protected. I'm sure you can play music off a different SD card. But I'm not 100%.

Ok. Thanks. So, the SD card has nothing to do with uploaded apps for the fist? Does a flash drive upload new apps? Or are all the apps just based off of voice recognition convenience?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys!

The SD card that comes with MyFord Touch (MFT) with navigation is for the maps. If you do not have navigation, an SD card is generally not provided, but you can use the slot for music and such. For vehicles with navigation, the use of a different SD card for music is possible; however, once you take the map card out, you will not have access to the navigation portion of the system.

The Install Apps option is for manually starting a software update, or for dealers to reinstall Vehicle Health Report, 911 Assist, and navigation. Since MFT doesn't have AppLink, you cannot add your own apps to the system, but you can still use one of the many media functions: USB - phone or flash drive, Bluetooth Audio, or SD card. Check out this link for more info:

Music & Media Overview | SYNC Help | Official Ford Owner Site

Hope that helps!

Rebecca

·
Registered
301 Posts
What apps are you talking about? You can upload new apps?

I assume the intent was to eventually allow for added functionality and possibly applink, but then Ford bailed on MS and subsequently our MFTs. So now its only good for nav updates, system updates, or to play files.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts