Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found a Plug for License Plate Holes in Bumper Cover

Found these sitting in the garage and they are about as near a perfect fit as one can ask.

The bag didn't have a part number on it, but here are the markings from the manufacturer:

...and the manufacturer's listing:

Finned Fasteners On The Rodon Group

The 1/2" shaft size should be a good fit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do all of the FiST have front license plates? Everyone I see has them, and I can't believe they put holes in the bumper for it ( I know this is normal for many cars), it has never made sense to me!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I've been told, the factory installs the front plate if the car is destined for a state that requires front plates. The dealers don't get a say.

So, in my case, this car was dealer traded from a state that requires front plates. :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bumper Plug.jpg
A buddy of mine told me about these little plastic covers that they stock in the cabinet hardware section at Lowes. They are used to cover screw holes in kitchen cabinets. They have them in a variety of sizes and they are usually white. I get a size bigger than the hole I'm trying to cover, sand the surface that will be visible with about a 400 grit wet and dry sandpaper, prime them with some automotive adhesion promoter primer (helps the paint stick to the plastic), then spray them with color matching paint. What I did was drill the bumper cover so that the hole is a bit smaller than the diameter of the plug with the splines then you just push them in with your finger. They have a very low profile and once installed they almost disappear. I've used these on 3 or 4 cars that have come from places where front plates are required. They work great.:cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
From what I've been told, the factory installs the front plate if the car is destined for a state that requires front plates. The dealers don't get a say.

So, in my case, this car was dealer traded from a state that requires front plates. :(
Well, Georgia doesn't require front plates, but all but one of the ones I've looked at had front plates! I don't want holes in my bumper!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just because the car is in Georgia doesn't mean it was originally built for that market.

OK doesn't require front plates, mine found its way to a dealer lot via dealer trade.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wonder if it's possible to buy rattle cans of the OEM color. They fit well, but the black would stand out too much and drive me crazy.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wonder if it's possible to buy rattle cans of the OEM color. They fit well, but the black would stand out too much and drive me crazy.
It actually doesn't stand out against the blue and the black grills. On a lighter color car, I'd probably agree with you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I work in a diesel shop and the service manager let me snatch a couple push pin retainers from inventory. they are noticeable but its still better than having holes in the bumper or a front license plate bracket...

15536482517_small.jpg

·
Registered
282 Posts
I spent the extra $$$ for the color matched ones... Yeah, a bit of a rip off, but I'm happy with the end result,

and PISSED they put a front plate holder on ANY car.... dealerships can install these right quick IF a customer
wants one... bad Ford.... bad. On my last (2) new cars the front plate holder was in the trunk, with a hardware
packet to install it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I too bought some already painted from bumperplugs.com. Didn't wanna do it but wasn't disappointed a bit once i got them.
20140911_160854.jpg

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts