Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this available yet? I see it is on your website. Looks nice. Any dyno numbers yet?

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's available, kind of wish I had waited to pull the trigger on the Mountune induction kit. Either way, I've always been a fan of Focussport/FSwerks and I plan on buying this some time soon.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's available, kind of wish I had waited to pull the trigger on the Mountune induction kit. Either way, I've always been a fan of Focussport/FSwerks and I plan on buying this some time soon.
You have the Mountune? How do you like it?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Im actually waiting on Cobb's intake before I buy any. Cobb's will use the stock box I believe and Fswerks tubing can be used with stock box and outside like its presented. As far as gains dont think you gonna see any without a tune and that all depends on the programmer.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im actually waiting on Cobb's intake before I buy any. Cobb's will use the stock box I believe and Fswerks tubing can be used with stock box and outside like its presented. As far as gains dont think you gonna see any without a tune and that all depends on the programmer.
You never know. The Cobb intake and others like SURE, CP-E and others make a solid 15-18whp gains on the 2010+ Mazdaspeed 3 platform WITHOUT a tune. Not saying that will happen on this motor, but to say there would be no gains just from bolting on a part may not be the case. The stock intake doesn't look like it is anywhere near optimized (crinkle tube, box inlet design ect). Only time and testing will be conclusive. Meanwhile, I am tuning my b*tt dyno in anticipation of the aftermarket for this car. hehe

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm sure there will be some gain. These cars arent MAF tuned like lots of other cars where bolting on a part without tuning for it usually results in small gains, even less power sometimes.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Well FInsport have seen a gain of minimum 8bhp and 20NM without a tune. Remember the FiST has a learning ECU, and will adapt to the improved airflow after 50-100 miles.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not bad, much better throttle response, feels like it boosts faster and more noise.

I like it but I know there's more power easily obtained by loosing that intake tube. Waiting for someone to make one that would work.
Yeah, the inlet tubing leaves a lot to be desired. I see Mountune has a tubing replacement for the FoST. Perhaps they will make something for the FiST as well..

·
Registered
10 Posts
its not all about the peak power gains for me. With a car like this its more about the driving experience and having fun. With a turbo a lot of the fun is hearing it spool up. So personally i wont be upset if i gain little to zero power, I'll still be happy with just the sounds

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its not all about the peak power gains for me. With a car like this its more about the driving experience and having fun. With a turbo a lot of the fun is hearing it spool up. So personally i wont be upset if i gain little to zero power, I'll still be happy with just the sounds
A decent power boost would be a nice bonus then!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah, the inlet tubing leaves a lot to be desired. I see Mountune has a tubing replacement for the FoST. Perhaps they will make something for the FiST as well..
Yeah, and the pipe they make for the Focus is a work of art. I'm kind of curious to see if CP-E will step in to the ring, plan on ordering their intake for my FoST.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, and the pipe they make for the Focus is a work of art. I'm kind of curious to see if CP-E will step in to the ring, plan on ordering their intake for my FoST.
You have a FoST too????

·
Registered
946 Posts
Dear FSWerks. All I want for Christmas is to know dyno results from your intake/tune. Please do not disappoint, or else you get no cookies.

Lol ;)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dear FSWerks. All I want for Christmas is to know dyno results from your intake/tune. Please do not disappoint, or else you get no cookies.

Lol ;)
hahaha...

1 - 20 of 99 Posts