Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Interesting that they haven't shown/promoted this video themselves...nice find!

·
Registered
369 Posts
They just announced the dyno results on fb and linked the video there haha

·
Registered
244 Posts
Is sucking in the hot air from directly behind the radiator a good idea? This may in fact result in a HP drop due to the heat. I remember the good old days when I had my “hot rod” Honda Civics 80s and 90s vintage. There were a few companies that went to great lengths to locate the air intake so the motor was supplied with fresh cold air from outside the engine compartment. Running plumbing from under the front bumper or fender was the norm then.

·
Registered
369 Posts
On a turbo car it's not as critical. It's more about the better flow of the intake. The air gets heated up in the turbo and cooled back down in the IC.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's exactly what I was gonna say. A cold sir intake is useless on a turbo. Cause it gets hot right away hahah

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
That dyno in that video is intake and exhaust system combined... (at least according to their website) :p Still, not bad gains without a tune... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looks like they got decent gains.
Unfortunately the constant sound of the diverter valve gets old REALLY quickly.
I think the intake I had on my turbo GTi lasted about a week before it drove me nuts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
923 Posts
Looks like they got decent gains.
Unfortunately the constant sound of the diverter valve gets old REALLY quickly.
I think the intake I had on my turbo GTi lasted about a week before it drove me nuts.

It's really not that bad... barely noticeable. When you turn the radio up a little, you don't hear it at all (I always have my radio on or iPod playing... lol)

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's really not that bad... barely noticeable. When you turn the radio up a little, you don't hear it at all (I always have my radio on or iPod playing... lol)
That's definitely possible, I'm sure the NVH levels are much better in the FiST than what my GTi had.
Either way, I like that FSWerks is developing parts for the FiST and providing these videos and dynos. I'm sure they'll be seeing some money out of me if my car ever arrives...

·
Registered
923 Posts
That's not the dyno shown in the video.

Ummm... look at the "peak" numbers... they are exactly the same for exhaust plus intake, compare with what they have posted in the video. We have no idea what the blue "before" number is since the bottom description is conveniently blocked out. lol. But see below. I do wish they had a stock run and intake ONLY run... but I don't see that UNLESS we can deduce the 179.8 hp is their "baseline" (which it isn't). The baseline is the 174 hp run. Everyone wants to know what the intake will do on a stock car, not with the exhaust fitted and then run that way. Not very scientific if you ask me, but a good gain none the less. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ummm... look at the "peak" numbers... they are exactly the same for exhaust plus intake, compare with what they have posted in the video. We have no idea what the blue "before" number is since the bottom description is conveniently blocked out. lol. But see below. I do wish they had a stock run and intake ONLY run... but I don't see that UNLESS we can deduce the 179.8 hp is their "baseline" (which it isn't). The baseline is the 174 hp run. Everyone wants to know what the intake will do on a stock car, not with the exhaust fitted and then run that way. Not very scientific if you ask me, but a good gain none the less. :p
That's what I meant, they're not the same graphs.
It's obvious from the graphs you posted they must've installed and dyno'd the exhaust first, then installed and dyno'd the intake second.
I agree with your assessment but won't complain since it's much better than some companies are doing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts