Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like I have my first warranty issue coming up. Today the Fuel Gauge needle for some reason was reading full when I had only half a tank left. When I turned off the car it went down to the appropriate level but not all the way down to empty like it usually does when you turn it off. This blows…. I'll be taking it to the dealer sometime next week :( …..

I had a similar issue with my NB Miata, this was a known issue and it involved changing out the fuel tank.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does this car have a floater? If so, could just be stuck?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Not sure, but I couldn't wait until next week so I simply disconnected the battery and reset everything. Looks like it did the trick and its reading correctly again. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. My digital outside temp is reading high now though, I'm going for a drive to see if it adjust.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So took it for a drive last night and everything is going well now. I was reading thread on one of the Focus ST forums regarding the car not starting while Sync was updating.... It's similar to what happened to me except the fuel gauge went nuts.

·
Registered
305 Posts
... Today the Fuel Gauge needle for some reason was reading full when I had only half a tank left. When I turned off the car it went down to the appropriate level but not all the way down to empty like it usually does when you turn it off...
Glad to hear everything's working again. If you need any assistance in the future, I'll be here to help!

Meagan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts