Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There isn't an "interior" section so this seems to be the next logical place for this since gauges involve electrical work.
Has anyone found a pod that works with our cars, or does anyone know of a company that makes one? Or if there's a company lurking this, are you making one?! I'd love a single or double gauge pod for at least a boost gauge and maybe an AF/r gauge. In all my other boosted cars I probably watched my boost more than my rpms..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I'd like one as well, always liked my buddies setup on the steering column centered in between the spokes of the steering wheel. Not a ton of real estate in the Fiesta, so that seems like a logical spot.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ya I was thinking 1 or 2 on the steering column, or the ac vents look Luke they might be large enough for some sort of pod to fit in there.
I wouldn't mind a single A-pillar gauge pod for boost. I can use the Cobb AP to monitor other live data.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
923 Posts
I wouldn't mind an A pillar either, generic but it's right within line of sight which is important to me.
I'd like to know if our cars have a wide band up stream o2,if they do I'll just use the AP to monitor that and k/r
I have no idea but that is a good question.

Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ya I was thinking 1 or 2 on the steering column, or the ac vents look Luke they might be large enough for some sort of pod to fit in there.
Yeah the vent-gauges are a nice clean setup. I know they make a lot of em for mustangs, I'm sure eventually they'll make one for us. Why Ford didn't incorporate a factory one like the FoST is beyond me..

·
Registered
104 Posts
If memory serves me right, I think I recall Subaru once had a mini boost gauge accessory available that mounted on top of the steering column housing. This was way back when the WRX came out here around 2002. If still available, might be useful?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think "gauge pod" and "clean" never really go together. No matter where you put the gauges they typically look tacked on (and really kinda Fast n Furious). Using a Cobb AP to monitor data makes good sense to me if you need to watch data. I do wish the FiST had proper coolant and oil temp gauges, but not enough to slap some gauge pod on my car.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think "gauge pod" and "clean" never really go together. No matter where you put the gauges they typically look tacked on (and really kinda Fast n Furious). Using a Cobb AP to monitor data makes good sense to me if you need to watch data. I do wish the FiST had proper coolant and oil temp gauges, but not enough to slap some gauge pod on my car.
I disagree, but to each his own. Its nice to have at least a mechanical boost guage IMO

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I disagree, but to each his own. Its nice to have at least a mechanical boost guage IMO
If everything matches perfectly I suppose they can look nice but they usually end up looking kinda tacked on. The boost gauge would be low on my list tho. Coolant temp, oil temp, oil pressure are all more useful than boost. But the worst are those silly air/fuel ones.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, there is still perhaps hope for something like the Android app called Torque, along with an OBDII dongle, to someday be able to display on our My Ford Touch screen? Similar to the performance screen on the Renault shown in the Top Gear episode with our Fiesta ST. That would be awesome and not tacky.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, there is still perhaps hope for something like the Android app called Torque, along with an OBDII dongle, to someday be able to display on our My Ford Touch screen? Similar to the performance screen on the Renault shown in the Top Gear episode with our Fiesta ST. That would be awesome and not tacky.
Ya that would be pretty cool, I'm hoping someone finds a way to hack the MFT or that Ford will wise up and add those features to an update.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If everything matches perfectly I suppose they can look nice but they usually end up looking kinda tacked on. The boost gauge would be low on my list tho. Coolant temp, oil temp, oil pressure are all more useful than boost. But the worst are those silly air/fuel ones.
air/fuel is extremely important, especially on a turbocharged car.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
923 Posts
The boost gauge that was part of my Lingenfelter upgrade on my '04 Z06 looked factory, even though it was an A-pillar. I'll see if I can hunt down a picture of it on my old Myspace or photobucket acct.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Agreed.
I'll be using the AP to monitor that (assuming the car has a stock wideband) and KR.
Yeah, it's a lot easier to monitor different modes with the new AP (with multiple windows open at once). The one for my MS3 could only show one window (or stat) at one time.

·
Registered
923 Posts
They actually made these out of the same material as the a-pillar so it did look factory: Z06a.jpg

Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
269 Posts
air/fuel is extremely important, especially on a turbocharged car.
No doubt it's very important, but the bouncing lights on the little 2" gauge people stick in a gauge pod it's just blinky lights. If you can deduce anything from that at highway speeds then someone should throw your license in a shredder because you aren't paying enough attention to where you are going :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts