Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. I picked up my TB FiST a few days ago, and I've been looking for a forum home. Here is where I've decided :D. I've ordered a Cobb AP, and I'm looking at CP-E's (albeit over-priced) catted DP and CBE. I'm also awaiting Cobb's I/C and intake release. If you're wondering, I traded a black 2010 2.0T R-Spec in for this. It had coilovers and bolt-ons. I'm in the St. Louis area... Tgat's about it. Looking forward to modding. :cool:

· Registered
163 Posts
Sounds like you'll be good and modded soon! I just got a TB Fist also. Don't worry about the Genesis, quite a few of us here traded in some cars that would make most people say wtf?! I traded in my 2006 EVO MR on e85! So welcome aboard the crazy train! lol

Reactions: Kennethver

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you'll be good and modded soon! I just got a TB Fist also. Don't worry about the Genesis, quite a few of us here traded in some cars that would make most people say wtf?! I traded in my 2006 EVO MR on e85! So welcome aboard the crazy train! lol
Oh, I'm not and yes! A lot of people have given me a WTF?! But I bet once I get them in the car and whip her around some corners they'll get it. Also, the quality really is there. I had my Gen for three years and never test drove anything else. Once I got in a took the FiST for a spin, I realized very quickly that Hyundai is seriously lacking in that department... They're way to focused on image building.

Thanks for the welcome to the crazy train lol.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Welcome

· Registered
100 Posts
Welcome and nice upgrade:cool:
If you feel like it can you list some of the things the fist does better vs your modded genesis, and what you feel the genesis did or does better?

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome and nice upgrade:cool:
If you feel like it can you list some of the things the fist does better vs your modded genesis, and what you feel the genesis did or does better?
What the FiST does better:

Shifting. The gates are worlds more refined than the Gen.
Driveability. Stock for stock the Fiesta power delivery is much smoother. And a stock Fiesta is considerably smoother than a tuned Gen. The only real solution was Haltech or deal with it.
Power to weight ratio. Baseline, the Fiesta is only about 10hp away. We all know that makes it a drivers race. Yet the Fiesta is nearly 700lbs lighter.
Quality. After making the jump I realized Hyundai is primarily focus on looking good to attract revenue. In my opinion they've neglected mechanical quality which brings me to my next point:
Gas mileage. The Fiesta blows the Gen out if the water. On average normal driving would get me 19 mixed. Could only get as high as 25 on the highway. Even in its early stages the Fiesta is going far beyond the Gen.

What the Gen does better:

Styling. She's sure enough a good looker. A definite head turner. I got it about a year after the came out and people would not stop asking what it was.
Handling. The Gen seems to be a little more sure-footed. It's a very confident car, and it inspires confidence to push harder in turns. The Fiesta seem to want to be sure, but the Gen is pretty much conceited in this area. I've pushed through clovers leafs at near 70 mph pulling almost a G. I don't feel like I can do that with the the Fiesta on stock form or modded form.
Space. Pretty obvious here... But the the Fiesta counters with trunk space.

That pretty much sums it up. I wanted a cat that could delivery fun, fuel economy and quality. I feel like all my expectations have been met.

· Registered
230 Posts
Welcome man! The Gen coupe 2.0t was one of the cars i actually cross shopped with the FiST believe it or not. I think it says a ton about this little pocket rocket when people choose this over some others or trade in some much more beastly rides. One of the first things i noticed about the Gen coupe was the lack of that quality feel i was some reason expecting. Vice versa with the FiST, i wasn't expecting much considering its roots as a cheap econobox but i love the way it feels more quality that it probably is haha.

Reactions: mongoose221

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided against CP-E and went with 2JR downpipe. I just can't wait on CP-E to bring down prices (which won't happen) or offer the dual tip as the only or standard tip. It doesn't even make sense why they chose to go that route. They've got decent customer service, but sometimes they turn a blind-eye to things.

· Registered
371 Posts
i mentioned this in another thread.
2010 civic si coupe (CTE supercharged, 302 WHP) --> 2011 WRX hatch stg2+ (intake/dp/new tmic/plugs/injectors/catback/short shifter/sway bars 300+ whp/380tq)--> 2012 civic si sedan (intake/catback/flashpro, but have ridden in one with an RBC, injectors, and downpipe, with sway bars and coilovers)-->2014 FiST (stock at the moment...)

i swap cars like a senator swaps hookers... but i have finally found my muse... this vehicle just does EVERYTHING very good to excellent... every other vehicle i owned had issues (space/cargo issues, fuel mpg sucked, rough ride, shoddy interior, etc)... this car has no "buts" to it... it is literally amazing in every category overall.

it's like what would you rather have your kid do in school? a few C's, one or two B's, and 1 or two A+'s? or a bunch of A-'s to A's across the board? i'd rather the high marks overall

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome are you actually in St. Louis? I'm just in the area. It takes me about 20 minutes to get there.

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I traded in my 2010 2.0 Genesis. So far, I'm having more fun in the ST :)
Another Gen traitor! Lol... I haven't looked back at her yet. The quality of this car is that much greater than the Gen. No weird sounds and clunks, low NVH and still feeling connected to the road makes me love this car.

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i mentioned this in another thread.
2010 civic si coupe (CTE supercharged, 302 WHP) --> 2011 WRX hatch stg2+ (intake/dp/new tmic/plugs/injectors/catback/short shifter/sway bars 300+ whp/380tq)--> 2012 civic si sedan (intake/catback/flashpro, but have ridden in one with an RBC, injectors, and downpipe, with sway bars and coilovers)-->2014 FiST (stock at the moment...)

i swap cars like a senator swaps hookers... but i have finally found my muse... this vehicle just does EVERYTHING very good to excellent... every other vehicle i owned had issues (space/cargo issues, fuel mpg sucked, rough ride, shoddy interior, etc)... this car has no "buts" to it... it is literally amazing in every category overall.

it's like what would you rather have your kid do in school? a few C's, one or two B's, and 1 or two A+'s? or a bunch of A-'s to A's across the board? i'd rather the high marks overall
Being 6' at 220 and 15% Bf Ihave a 'but...' my knee rests against the door grip. That's about it. The Fiesta OEM exhaust note sounds better than my old Gen as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.