Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys is this the order that I would detail my car best?

1 - Wash with Tripplewax car shampoo
2 - Polish using Autoglym Super Resin Polish
3 - Wax using Collinite 4 (4 something something S) wax?

Is that the way to do it would you reckon? How many layers of wax? The more the better?

·
Registered
634 Posts
If it's new be VERY careful how hard you push on the paint, I'd bet it's not cured yet as you can leave some serious swirls in the paint, wax lightly with microfiber twice after the sealer and you should be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
634 Posts
The factory paint *should* be heat cured so he's good to go with the wax.
"Should" is the key word. better careful then a swirled mess.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My car came with free swirls from the dealer! Lol. I'm sure due to improper washing. I polished it last weekend with a light cutting pad and Wolfgangs Total Swirl Remover. Then sealed with Chemical Guys JetSeal 109.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the paint has come up really really deep red which looks lovely. There was an issue with road tar but as I am not having the car for any massive length of time I am not going to spend 3 hours clay baring the thing. I have however noticed something that has annoyed me though and that is stone chips on the front of the car near the badge. Chunks of the red paint about 5/6mm diameter have come away and underneath believe it or not is the molten orange colour!! with the sparkles and everything! so obviously this paint isn't going to be very strong as it has been layered on top of another colour -_- not happy really haha as I know I will get value knocked off when I trade it in on the finance deal that I get :S

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have used Meguiars products for years. They have cleaners , polishes , and cleaners. As well has interiors products , and cleaners. Always make sure you only work in the shade and when the paint is cool.
Ron

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have used Meguiars products for years. They have cleaners , polishes , and cleaners. As well has interiors products , and cleaners. Always make sure you only work in the shade and when the paint is cool.
Ron
I use all Meguiars products as well. Good stuff.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Eeek, I can't wait to get the clear bra installed on mine. The original dealer who had the car before it got transferred to the dealer that sold it to me put on a wax coat (ugh); I prefer I do all that stuff myself. My fiance and I are going to polish the front of the car before taking it to get the clear bra installed. After that we'll polish the rest of the car and then apply OptiCoat 2.0. No more waxing for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts