Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people using for mounts for videoing track events, etc? In my MINI I used a flat GoPro mount behind the rearview mirror on the inside of the windshield. That worked pretty good and may do it on the FiST.

Has anyone tried a suction cup mount on the top of the MFT screen?

·
Registered
253 Posts
just suction it to the windshield, inside or outside depending on the view you want. I just put mine inside and then spun the camera around under it 180 so it looked out under the mount. Worked fine. Outisde works fine too.

Better off getting harry's lap timer and recording with telemetry for $20. I think the android one is almost ready to do recording as well. I stopped using my gopro when i found harrys. Gopro is just proof, harrys is acctually a really useful tool to learn to drive.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, Harrys is nice and I've used Trackmaster on Android. Now I'm using Track Attack on my Windows Phone. The size and flexibility of the GoPro makes it prime for this stuff. Plus you can record the data on your phone separately and then combine it later. Phones are getting bigger and taking up more windshield space ;)

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yea, Harrys is nice and I've used Trackmaster on Android. Now I'm using Track Attack on my Windows Phone. The size and flexibility of the GoPro makes it prime for this stuff. Plus you can record the data on your phone separately and then combine it later. Phones are getting bigger and taking up more windshield space ;)

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
harrys supports PIP and start/stop control with the new wireless gopros. It has me considering getting one. On the road i notice my phone mount all the time. On track i am looking way to far ahead to even see its there. I know what you are saying though. If i am putzing around with stuff on the street testing, even my 4s is fairly big, you guys with liek tablet phones, time to prioritize your phone purchase around your telemety imo. :p Honestly I have been up for a new phone for a while and only keep my 4s cause it works fine for harrys and i don't want anything bigger.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
The nice thing with Harry's if you do upgrade to a 5 or 5 s your can link the iphone cameras and have one looking forward and one looking at you or out the back window .
wtf i never heard about this, how do you get it to link both cameras its 5 only? might be time to get a new phone?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts