Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hmm, I've never heard of Green Filters before. My only concern with aftermarket oiled filters is taking out the MAF. I've seen it happen a few times being an auto tech. Are there any high performance filters that don't use oil?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Product des..

Green Filter USA - Features & Benefits

I ran the Green Filter in my Focus ST for almost a year before going to my CP-E intake. The reason for using oil, is because there is more flow, so there has to be a way to catch dirt/ micro particles. I've heard of over oiling a high flow filter. If you have never heard of Green Filter, get used to the name.. :) It is by far a better filter than K&N. Don't be fooled.

I saw them at SEMA in 2012

·
Registered
946 Posts
The reason for the MAF getting coated is when people clean them, oil the hell out of em, throw it right back on and drive around. You should let the filter dry out some before use ideally.

·
Registered
923 Posts
So what benefits did you get from running an inbox Green filter on your FoST? I may have to try this with a Mountune intake.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never got it DYNO'ed with just the G Filter. It opened up the intake sound. And it is the filter almost all companies supply with their Kits. Cobb being one of them. There must be something to it if COBB supplies the filter with their kits.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Ive read somewhere that after some time small particles gets through the filter because its so thin. If its true I rather just stick to the oem where at least I know my engine will stay clean.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Paper filters trap more bits than oiled panel filters...and there is little difference in performance...but with oil changes at 3k and a regular maintenance of re-oiling, I would say it's a wash as far as performance

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good thing our MAF sensor does nothing so people wont make the mistake of oiling them too much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts