Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I washed my car and cleaned the K&N air filter the same as I've done many times. After drying the car off I hop in to put it in the garage.. Turn cut the A/C on because I'm a little sweaty from drying the car (I'm in San Antonio.. We don't do the whole "winter" thing here) and... Nothing happens. I don't hear the clicking of the clutch engaging and no cold air comes. I drive around a little with it off to let everything warm up then try turning it on again.. Still nothing.

The 10 amp fuse (number 30 i believe) under the hood is good. I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram to see which relay the A/C clutch engages through..

Thoughts about this before I start digging in?

Feel free to be technical, I'm not a professional auto mechanic but I'm reasonably competent, I do my own out of warranty car maintenance and repairs that don't require a ton of specialized tools and the majority of my own non machine shop/dyno go fast work to weekend toys..(rebuilt the 4L60e in my weekend hooligan truck last weekend.. trans shops are raping you with what they charge.. trust me you can do the whole thing with shop tools and a $29 low reverse spring compress tool using much better parts than they use for <$500)

Air conditioning though I have very little experience with.. I doubt I'll fix this myself if it's serious but I'd like to be armed with some knowledge about whats wrong before going into a shop in a city i just moved to blind.

Thanks guys, and girls.

meat gun

·
Registered
773 Posts
What have you tried so far? It doesn't sound like anything electronic, but who knows with the new A/C units, and try disconnecting the battery for 15 mins then reconnecting and that should re-set everything.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is a wierd one. I had the same thing happen to me with the car at around 10k miles (miles probably irrelevant).

Swapped fuses (original fuse fine) and the problem disappeared and has never come back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts