Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our cars have a clutch assist spring built into the clutch pedal assembly. If you look under the dash you can see the spring in front of the pedal. The mustang guys are pulling this spring out, they say it improves clutch feel and increases the force needed to step on the clutch (the fiesta pedal always seemed a bit light to me.
Anyone pull this out yet? Anyone want to be the brave first one to do it?

·
Registered
300 Posts
So the spring does the opposite and puts pressure on it toward the floor? That seems crazy in a car this small. Keep us updated if you do this.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Our cars have a clutch assist spring built into the clutch pedal assembly. If you look under the dash you can see the spring in front of the pedal. The mustang guys are pulling this spring out, they say it improves clutch feel and increases the force needed to step on the clutch (the fiesta pedal always seemed a bit light to me.
Anyone pull this out yet? Anyone want to be the brave first one to do it?
I am a firm believer that if it is there, its likely for a reason. Especially when it comes to your brakes, you don't want to start doing shanty mods.

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Brakes? Didn't he say it's on the clutch?
My bad. I was reading another post just before this. I stand by my comment though, the spring is there for a reason.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Look on the mustang forums - all those guys are doing it to their cars. (the clutch pedal is the same as ours).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts