Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the GT Yellow headlight armor today. Let me just say this first, these headlights are a very odd shape. You don't really notice until you have to affix something to them. It took me a good 45 min per light. Additionally the towels that they gave me with my order that are a must have left lint all over when using them, so I switched to a MF towel that I had. This isn't that bad until you get to the edges and it plants lint under the edge. when doing first alignment which is almost impossible to get off. You also aren't supposed to touch the material much. I have a lot of haze which headlight armor says will clear up in a few days. I'm sure that's true. I am surprised how hard it was to get this aligned and fit to the headlights though. It is not an easy process, and you need patience. The hair dryer is a must. I watched the Focus ST video, which actually hurt me more than helped. The Fiesta lights don't have the same curve to them. So you need to align and work them a little differently. I highly recommend aligning to the front and then starting from the headlight bubble and go outward. if you go forward in like the video, you are going to run into alignment/bend/rework issues, unless you just happen to get it perfect. The thing is, because of the curvature it's very hard to line up on top and bottom about 2/3rd down the headlight. Other than all that it wasn't too bad. If you are used to working with tint/phone screen protectors/etc it will be a little easier.

Anyways here are the pics.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford Hatchback
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Ford fiesta

Reactions: HeadlightArmor

· Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The yellow is AWESOME at night/rain/etc. I think it goes well with the Moarange.

· Registered
3 Posts
hey bud i noticed your in MO. I am too. been looking at a FIST but
TO the point

I have a wrx and had yellow hid in for a while. got two tickets in a month. one i paid because that was HI-PO. 78 bucks. other ticket was local cops which i got dropped in small claims court.

bec careful. law states in missouri that it has to be substanitally white. which is dumb. but i had yellow hid's from europe which were amazing in bad weather. now i just have yellow fogs sad day.

I have seen another honda around and a bike with yellow lights and I talked to them.
honda didnt know and bike said he never had an issue.

I have alot of bad blood over it. I never had problems with cops around my area of Rolla, but man they were rude to me about yellow lights. both of them said the stupid blinding blue ones were ok though because they were so popular. and they said the red/pink were still fine because they had white in them.

my .02 cents

Love your FIST though

Sean

· Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
When I looked through the books it said white or yellow pretty much everywhere.

· Premium Member
1,110 Posts
So I installed the GT Yellow headlight armor today. Let me just say this first, these headlights are a very odd shape. You don't really notice until you have to affix something to them. I have a lot of haze which headlight armor says will clear up in a few days. I'm sure that's true. I am surprised how hard it was to get this aligned and fit to the headlights though. It is not an easy process, and you need patience. The hair dryer is a must. I watched the Focus ST video, which actually hurt me more than helped. The Fiesta lights don't have the same curve to them. So you need to align and work them a little differently. I highly recommend aligning to the front and then starting from the headlight bubble and go outward. if you go forward in like the video, you are going to run into alignment/bend/rework issues, unless you just happen to get it perfect. The thing is, because of the curvature it's very hard to line up on top and bottom about 2/3rd down the headlight. Other than all that it wasn't too bad. If you are used to working with tint/phone screen protectors/etc it will be a little easier.
Thanks for the post, end photos look good! Yellow is a bold color. The Fiesta Headlight is easier than the ones on the Focus. We had a local customer lined up for an install to shoot a video for, but it fell through... We are still planning on making one when the opportunity presents itself. The install should be very similar to the rest of our videos, including the Focus. Applying them in a different order may or may not work as well.

Looks good,

I'm not really a fan of the yellow but that's my personal taste - I live in California so I don't really need armor... that and I've never heard of it.

Good job :cool:
? The only reason you would not need armor is if your car lives in your garage and is never driven, or potentially if you only drive 25 mph. Over time sand will erode th ehard UV coating on the headlights and the sun will have them for lunch. Just look at older vehicles in a parking lot. Cloudy headlights started out clear, and over time pitted from sand and now are frosted. Just a thought.

· Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It wasn't bad at all until the 2/3rd of the way in. Because of the curvature and angle upwards, it's harder to align. It may be easier than the focus, but not having done one just stating my opinion. I tried it the way suggested and COULD NOT get it to work. The Video does a great job oh giving you a better concept. I had a much harder time getting it to squeegee out than in the video though. The drivers side I had to align 3-4 times because of the oddity in shape. The hair dryer helps a ton. I would say 60% of the haze has come out if not a little more. I do have a few tiny tiny bubbles which I think came together when drying. I'm going to let it set another week and try getting some of them out.

Any suggestions? Theres only a few that are minorly annoying when up close to see.

Reactions: HeadlightArmor

· Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Any suggestions? Theres only a few that are minorly annoying when up close to see.
Paitence. The remaining moisture will evaporate through the material over time. How long just depends on how much was left and how warm and dry it is where you are.

The hardest part with the Fiesta headlights is sheer length. They are about 2.5 feet long. Yes you will need to align at several steps along the way. The compound curve is not nearly as bad as some, but you are putting something that starts out flat on a compound surface. All in all i would say they look great especially given the length of the light and the fact that you have never installed them before.

· Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist. It really wasn't that bad.

Yes the difficulty is sheerly in the length.

I would highly suggest lining it up all the way down and then working from the bubble out though. If you start in the middle and go up and down like the video, it does not wrap around the "bulb-like" shape that's 2/3rds of the way in. So you will get it 95% on and the last 5% at the bottoms wants to fold into itself instead of smoothing. So you have to continually pull it and stretch, use the hair dryer in between, get the bubble area perfectly smooth, then it is a BREEZE to squeegee out the rest.

Drivers side was done the video way, passengers was my way.

I had to completely redo the drivers side due to it not fitting/wanting to crease after getting it 95% on when getting the last little bit out.

· Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think they reduce at all. I think they optimize. I think only the smoke reduces. Even the yellow improved the lighting. If you go to their website they have a full picture rundown.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.