Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find the positioning of the brake pedal to throttle pedal less than ideal for heel and toe work. I think it needs two improvements: (1) Throttle pedal need to be more level to the brake pedal(to low/is to farther from the driver). (2) The side to side gape is a little large. Has anyone seen a nice bolt on solution?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I will agree that it's a bit far apart, but the pedal levels are perfect. When you're hard on the brakes, such as when braking on track or autox, the gas pedal won't be too far up to reach for the heel toe.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Are you having trouble trying to heel-toe on the street? ...or on track?

I thought the pedal placement was pretty good. It is a little more difficult to heel-toe on the street because you aren't pushing the brake pedal as hard or far.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My car is a street car, i came from a JWC mini and the pedal placemnt was much better.
The pic of my TVR is my track car.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I find the positioning of the brake pedal to throttle pedal less than ideal for heel and toe work. I think it needs two improvements: (1) Throttle pedal need to be more level to the brake pedal(to low/is to farther from the driver). (2) The side to side gape is a little large. Has anyone seen a nice bolt on solution?
Heel toe on the street isn't really what it is set up for. Sure you can do it, I do it. I usually just rev match then get on the brake after because you actually have time on the street. You can heel and toe but typically you aren't using the brakes very hard.

The placement and levels are perfect for the track because you are threshold braking. When you threshold brake, it feels much more natural.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Guys,

One of your great members gave us a call to look into the compatibility of our APM. We will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jermaine
Jermaine - i am the one that Called. Its odd i went to WWW.fordparts.com and it looked like not the same part on both cars (but i could have looked it up wrong). I would love to get my hands on one spacer and see if it fits, i could also report back to the group and give it a review.

larry

·
Registered
81 Posts
Also, i found it difficult when test driving a car with the Recaros. I ordered a car with the base seats. I find it much easier to heel/toe with the base seats for some reason.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Heel toe on the street isn't really what it is set up for. Sure you can do it, I do it. I usually just rev match then get on the brake after because you actually have time on the street. You can heel and toe but typically you aren't using the brakes very hard.

The placement and levels are perfect for the track because you are threshold braking. When you threshold brake, it feels much more natural.
i was just going to say this
in day to day driving i find that its hard to get your heel on the gas, i usually use the side of my foot, i found it so much easier on my s2000 on daily driving
but daily driving u actually have time to blip the throttle and then get on the brake so its not a problem
as for the level of the pedals, its probably WAY easier on track as you're pushing the brake pedal so much harder and further down than on the streets

·
Registered
81 Posts
Also, i found it difficult when test driving a car with the Recaros. I ordered a car with the base seats. I find it much easier to heel/toe with the base seats for some reason.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys, thanks for all the replies. I spent 12 years racing formula cars and I also use the side of my foot to blip - I like the gas pedal 1/2" to 3/4" higher than the brake pedal so can blip with he side of my foot. I was lucky to drive about 40 different formula race cars and everyone I jumped into was set-up like this, so I know I'm normal in this way.

So, looks like I'm making a nice thick spacer in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have to disagree. I think the pedal placement in the Fiesta ST is ideal for heel and toe down shifts. I was also looking at a Focus ST, and the pedal placement in that would definitely need modification to facilitate easy heel toe action, especially in situations where you aren't applying the brakes hard.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
678 Posts
Placement is definitely awful. My Miata and S2K were pretty ideal for it, I almost can't do it in the FiST - placing the pedal up and slightly left would be ideal.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow, I must have learned to do it on a really crappy setup. It's even easy for me when I'm barefoot in the FIST.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
I will agree that it's a bit far apart, but the pedal levels are perfect. When you're hard on the brakes, such as when braking on track or autox, the gas pedal won't be too far up to reach for the heel toe.
Well put, you will not brake hard enough on the street to make it work like on a track or an event. I find the pedal positioning to be good for my size 10's .
Ron

Reactions: LowFlyin'
1 - 20 of 41 Posts