Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this has been happening for a week, and has just been getting worse and worse. It all started in fith and sixth, I had my foot only half way down on the acellerator pedal (not on clutch) and it started to rev going from 3000 rpm to 5000 rpm just randomly. Then today it got worse, no power off the line, reving constantly, and when idling the whole care is shaking not vilently but it's enough to feel it. The funny thing is there is no check engine light on at all while this is happening, or any warning light other than the stupid tire pressure monitor, that comes on when you hit the smallest pot hole. I just took it to the dealer and there's no one there that can look at my car bc it's a stick. I don't wanna blow the engine, and driving it around town I feel is a bad idea in this condition so I'm carless for a week . Has anyone had something like this happen to them? Or any ideas on what it could be?
Thanks - Steve

·
Registered
361 Posts
Throttle position sensor maybe? Do you have a scan tool, may just not be showing a light.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope it's a sensor, the guy at Ford said it could be the clutch. Ford has it now i'll find out on Monday.

·
Registered
526 Posts
100% clutch! Probably need new clutch and flywheel. Problem is with how many km's you have on the car and if ford will cover it under warranty. They should do but make sure you don't let the service manager walk all over you

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have heard a lot of the Mexican four doors had clutch/flywheel an gearbox issues. If you still have warranty then it is their issue and not yours so be blunt and refuse to pay a cent towards it. It is their problem.

·
Registered
305 Posts
So this has been happening for a week, and has just been getting worse and worse. It all started in fith and sixth, I had my foot only half way down on the acellerator pedal (not on clutch) and it started to rev going from 3000 rpm to 5000 rpm just randomly. Then today it got worse, no power off the line, reving constantly, and when idling the whole care is shaking not vilently but it's enough to feel it. The funny thing is there is no check engine light on at all while this is happening, or any warning light other than the stupid tire pressure monitor, that comes on when you hit the smallest pot hole. I just took it to the dealer and there's no one there that can look at my car bc it's a stick. I don't wanna blow the engine, and driving it around town I feel is a bad idea in this condition so I'm carless for a week . Has anyone had something like this happen to them? Or any ideas on what it could be?
Thanks - Steve
Have you heard back from your dealer? I want to see how I can best assist.

Meagan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the news yesterday and... It was my clutch. How much will it cost me... Nothing, covered by the warranty. When will I get my car back... Tonight or tomorrow. All I have to pay is 10$ for inspection that I needed

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going through withdrawal. haven't drove my car for 5 days. wish it would be finished already :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i finally got my car back Saturday at 7:00 and as of now 4 days in it feels like a brand new car and the clutch feels so much lighter. Before the clutch was killing my left foot it was heavy and now its light and springy.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Awesome, glad to hear this was resolved painlessly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts