Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!! I went and test drove a ST today it was loaded with all the options. They put it on hold for me so I could come by Monday and get it. I want to buy it, but I want to make sure I am getting a good deal. They told me because it was a "special" car and they don't get that many they won't come off the MSRP of $26,185. They only included one $500 rebate through ford financing since I am getting a 60 month 1.9% rate(which is excellent for my poor credit).

They are also giving me about $500 less then i expect on my trade according to KBB, which i know isn't always the best indicator.

I have made 90% of my contact with them by email and I plan to email the very nice sales lady asking for a better deal before I come back. What should I say? Where do i get these other rebates everyone is talking about or are they expired now?

It does include a sunroof and navigation which I didn't really want for the price, but this car is available NOW and i'm not a very patient person. Maybe I can mention that in my negotiation?

Thanks for the advice! Can't wait to get my car :)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Visit TrueCar.com for hassle-free ways of getting your best deal. Don't deal with someone who will shortchange your trade and not come off of their price. You can also leverage your TrueCar quotes and say "other dealers don't have a problem giving me x price"

·
Registered
55 Posts
Goto any other dealer near by and get a quote, they will most likely be able to go get the exact same vehicle you looked it. If you take their financing you should be getting like 1500$ in rebates. Also request a brochure for like a ford fusion from ford's website. In a few days call and you should have a 500$ cash certificate, which is as good as cash.

Don't act all dead set on the car, be willing to walk or they aren't going to budge on the price. There isn't a big difference in msrp to invoice but on a fully loaded one it will add up to a decent savings. Just about every dealer has gone down to invoice pricing, if they aren't willing walk out.

And them holding the car is bs if someone else walked in tomm they'd sell it without hesitation. They are trying to put pressure on you and are acting like they can't keep the cars on the lot. No one has probably looked at the car in weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
946 Posts
That whole wont move off msrp shit is just that, shit. Yes its a speciality car, but at the end of the day its still a fiesta..lol, and I told them just that. I paid $89 over invoice, and at the time I got an unexpected $500 rebate on top of the $500 military rebate. Dont be a pushover and they'll come around if they wanna make the sale. Doesn't hurt to walk!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've seen some dealers asking $5,000 over MSRP, and then I've seen a few dealers with $2,000 off on their internet price. Look up the car on the dealers website and see if it is listed for less.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I've seen some dealers asking $5,000 over MSRP, and then I've seen a few dealers with $2,000 off on their internet price. Look up the car on the dealers website and see if it is listed for less.
Who is asking 5K over for these?! Holy, I'd stay far far away from that dealership! Probably the same ones asking 100K for a GT500..lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
I got my car for 652 under invoice. Ford has 3% dealer hold back so they made $100 plus the $199 bullshit charge. Mind you they had the car since launch so it had been sitting on the lot for a while and they wanted to get rid of it. Only reason i bought the car i did is cause the deal was good. I intended to order a more stripped one,(nav is dumb imo and sunroofs are meh) but would have only saved me a few 100 dollars. There was a $1000 incentive i got a week ago. There is another $1000 worth of incentives but you need to use standard financing for it. It actually made my payment go up going from 0% to 5.9% for 5 years, dumb!

If you talk to the internet sales people you will get the best deal you are going to get at that dealer. If it doesn't get you under invoice on in stock cars just find a different dealer.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I got mine for $24K a week ago.

Sticker price was $26,155

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! Very helpful.

I'm looking at the incentives on Edmund's. If I am reading it right, it looks like I should get a $500 "Lender offer" and a "$250" customer cash. I don't get the "Customer Offer" since I am getting 1.9% APR.

According to truecar there is a $750 "Matching down" but it doesn't explain what this is or how I get it?

I requested the Brochures. Do you know if I need them in hand BEFORE I purchase or can I use them later?

About truecar, the "Average Paid" and "True car" price is below invoice. Should I ask for that and if I don't get it walk? Or should I just ask for Invoice?

·
Registered
55 Posts
The car will be well under invoice as the starting price will be invoice and then the rebates come off of that. You don't need the coupon in hand you can call ford motor company in a few days and ask if you have one, they will give you a coupon number. The dealer can also look that up. That will also come off the starting invoice price. You should be invoice minus 1250 with the low finance rate. If they aren't willing then walk.

The first dealer I went to said his bottom line was msrp. I left went to another dealer and got almost 200 under invoice plus all the rebates plus the all weather St mats.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am glad I posted here before making the purchase! There is another dealer about 10 miles away I can always check out if they turn me down.

They spent 3 days trying to get me financing and then said they had to have the GM call ford and personally ask them to approve me. He said they had to give me more on my trade then they wanted for them to OK it, which was still about $500 less then it should be. Sounds like a load of bull to me, but my credit is pretty iffy so it's somewhat believable. What are your thoughts on that? The 1.9% APR is really the only thing keeping me from buying a used BMW 335i instead.

·
Registered
253 Posts
if your trade is worth 5k ish you should get 0% for 5 years if you are in the US. Auto financing is only about credit score until you get to a point that its not possible you are ever upside down on the car. If you go 20% down they should be able to get you 0%. I know this is a fact because I couldn't get a credit card when i bought my first new car, but when i handed them 20% cash, i got the best rate without a thought.

·
Registered
678 Posts
TrueCar should give you a guaranteed offer from 3 local dealers - those are solid prices. You can also equip your vehicle to match the one you want. I know it sounds like I work for them, but I don't lol, just recommend it to a lot of people. It's how I got mine below invoice,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if your trade is worth 5k ish you should get 0% for 5 years if you are in the US. Auto financing is only about credit score until you get to a point that its not possible you are ever upside down on the car. If you go 20% down they should be able to get you 0%. I know this is a fact because I couldn't get a credit card when i bought my first new car, but when i handed them 20% cash, i got the best rate without a thought.
Interesting. I owe about 4k and they offered 4500. If I could get them to give me $5k for the trade and lower the cost to $24,000 I could easily put down $4k if it got me 0%.

·
Registered
678 Posts
With 4500 in equity 0% should be fairly easy. They DO have control over that, so don't let them tell you otherwise.

You should try a different dealer. See their trade offer, see how friendly they are. Your current dealer is dicking you around on msrp.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Also, get trade in offers from a place that will buy your car outright, like CarMax.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TrueCar should give you a guaranteed offer from 3 local dealers - those are solid prices. You can also equip your vehicle to match the one you want. I know it sounds like I work for them, but I don't lol, just recommend it to a lot of people. It's how I got mine below invoice,
It says no dealers in my area. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With 4500 in equity 0% should be fairly easy. They DO have control over that, so don't let them tell you otherwise.

You should try a different dealer. See their trade offer, see how friendly they are. Your current dealer is dicking you around on msrp.
I just found a loaded ST on the other local ford dealers website. Same MSRP but already advertised online at 24,9. I'm going to go check it out Monday.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Best of luck! You can always try emailing them and ask for their selling price if you buy today. The internet manager is also usually the fleet manager, so they (typically) just deal straight numbers,

·
Registered
56 Posts
Who is asking 5K over for these?! Holy, I'd stay far far away from that dealership! Probably the same ones asking 100K for a GT500..lol
I don't remember where it was. I was doing a search for FiST's in the whole country, and one was listed for $31,000! They are out of their damn minds!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts