Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen any information on this, but Matt Farah from The Smoking Tire posted on reddit today that he is planning on getting a Hennessey tune that will costs around 1000-1500$ and produce 235Hp and 255 Torque. Has anyone heard about this? I saw this information and my jaw dropped. Heres the link to the original post: TheSmokingTire comments on The $25,000 Challenge: BMW E46 M3 vs. Ford Fiesta ST - TheSmokingTire
Here is a picture for those too lazy to click the link:
What do you think about this? Would you get it? Do you think this is for real?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Too bad those Hennessy guys are dbags and have a terrible reputation for customer service. I'd never buy a Hennessy product. There's reasons why Cobb said it'll be hard to get more than 215whp on the stock turbo and I doubt Hennessy will get that out of the car with a tune and intake.

·
Registered
923 Posts
^^^^ This. When I had my Viper, I made the mistake of overnighting them a check for $5,000 for a set of HRE 546s. They just kinda blew me off after they got my money. I couldn't get anyone to call me back. Only after I posted my experience on the VOA site, did I get a response (in less than an hour). I ended up getting a set of wheels WITH tires for $3,500 (they refunded $1,500). I never wanted to do business with them again.

Reactions: Noah

·
Vendor
418 Posts
Probably estimated at the crank. I'd also be interested to hear what they are using for tuning, as far as I know the AP is the only option for the US car. They use our AP for GT-R tuning, so maybe that, ha!

Ian

·
Registered
488 Posts
Reading blog after blog of Hennessy horror stories, would not buy from them

·
Vendor
418 Posts
215whp would be a little disappointing. I would hope that a fully bolted FiST would make at least 230whp
It is a very tiny turbo! Therefore, you will be able to make some really nice midrange torque gains and increase power everywhere under the curve, but the top end power, where the peak HP number is made, will be limited.

Ian

·
Registered
340 Posts
Midrange is where u drive anyway. The cobb tune seems to be plenty, ill have mine friday. Why push the engine so hard and make the car undriveable... 250-300hp is nuts

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have some dyno time this coming friday, really looking forward to how much power I am putting down :) I will be posting results

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
It is a very tiny turbo! Therefore, you will be able to make some really nice midrange torque gains and increase power everywhere under the curve, but the top end power, where the peak HP number is made, will be limited.

Ian
Oh ya, understood. I never expected it to make that power all the way to redline haha.
Midrange is where u drive anyway. The cobb tune seems to be plenty, ill have mine friday. Why push the engine so hard and make the car undriveable... 250-300hp is nuts
Guess I'm just used to having 437whp of boost under my foot..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'd be perfectly happy with 250hp SAE rating with the stock turbo, not at the wheels. :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have some dyno time this coming friday, really looking forward to how much power I am putting down :) I will be posting results
In for results... mostly interested in the mid-range gains.

·
Registered
773 Posts
people buy HP but drive TQ

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm curious why people think the car needs to be in the 250whp range? I mean at as a serious question. I'd like a touch more power like Cobb offers but after that I think it will be plenty of power to get me around the track (and really even stock is plenty). Too much power is just going to be useless and cause a bunch of torque steer.

Having said that the CLA45's 2L makes 180hp/L so if our 1.6 can do the same that would put us at 288. So 250 at the wheels seems doable but it won't be cheap to do it safe and reliably.

Personally it I'd rather spend on tires, pads, and track time. But that's me.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Everyone has personal preferences, I'd prefer a bit more power. I had an SRT4 back in the day with 350whp, and that's in a car not much heavier than this. It wasn't bad at all, granted it had an LSD.
And maybe ive misread, but I haven't seen anyone mention anything about 250whp? 250BHP seems reasonable, but I guess only time will tell.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts