• ON

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • OFF

Votes: 16 27.6%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
I keep mine off. On previous cars I found the feature rather annoying so I don't bother, but then again, 30+ years ago when I learned how to drive (on a manual), we didn't have such gadgets.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I keep it off. If it kicks in and you try to take off before the 2 seconds are done, it holds you back and it's annoying. I've been driving a MT car since I've been driving cars, so I've never had issues with hill starts.

·
Registered
678 Posts
While I have never had an issue with hill starts, I leave mine on because I find it I intrusive and helpful. If I ever want to roll back, I just let it sit for 2 seconds. If I don't, then hill assist works great. Prevents handbrake starts.

Reactions: DjDevilCloud

·
Registered
158 Posts
I keep it on, not that I need it (never owned an auto trans car) but I find it helpful. The brake let's go at just the right time IMO and causes less clutch wear. I also share the car with my girlfriend, she's not so good at hill starts so she loves it, and it makes me happy the car has it so she doesn't cause excess clutch wear.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I keep mine on all the time. I live in a hilly area, and it comes in handy. I've been driving stick for years, and I like the convenience. I don't have to worry about using the hand brake or slipping the clutch.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I hate bumper eating d bags. This guy was literally 1/2 an inch from my prelude bumper once. I parked the car in the street, got out, and then proceded to yell unflattering remarks at this elderly gentlemen. Not one of my best days.

He did do it for 3 miles though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
With my wife being a first time manual driver it has been very useful. Even with the 15+ years I've been driving manual I find it to be a great feature.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree. I don't need it but its still useful and doesn't seem to interfere at all. This will help my wife for sure because hills are her biggest anxiety with manuals. When she learned 16 years ago in her dads Mazda she got stuck on a hill with a line behind her and gave up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I used it the first few months I had the car while I was re-learning how to drive stick, but turned it off earlier this year. I'm learning the pleasures of rollback.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine's on. Been driving stick for the past 16 yrs, but it's helpful, kind of like Jarvis to Iron Man.

I like the fact we can turn it off if we choose.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've had it on and this is my first stick I've owned. I keep forgetting to turn it off. Reason for turning it off is I almost flew off my ramps when I was driving up them because of it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I've had it on and this is my first stick I've owned. I keep forgetting to turn it off. Reason for turning it off is I almost flew off my ramps when I was driving up them because of it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
You could try to leave it in neutral and set the parking brake instead..
I find myself now pushing the dash on my wifes car to try and stop it... Ooops

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: aar0nsky

·
Registered
108 Posts
I keep it on. I had to stop on a sharp incline when waiting for a large sailboat to pass. The truck next to me was really close and I was about to use my e-break, but hill assist did a great job!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
At first it irritated me, but when I figured it out I decided to leave it on. To me it's like cruise control: you don't really need it, but it's nice to have. Besides, like the guy above me, I would use my e-brake whenever I was on a sharp incline and people are trying to give some some bumper love. Also, I've never had an issue with it holding on... Maybe the people with those issues are holding the clutch too long...?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow I didn't even know this car had hill assist I just loved it driving in Sf all the time car didn't roll back I thought it was fantastic I love this function

·
Registered
78 Posts
Once I figured out how to turn it off, I did. The first time I noticed it working, I thought it was pretty cool. After that wore off, I decided to just do it myself.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts